hardwood flooring - port a nailers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what do you chaps do when laying a wooden floor, using a portanailer when you get close to the perimeter wall. ie there aint enough room for the bloody hammer to hit it!

im laying an oak floor and im trying to avoid any visible fixings in it. its on a chipboard sub-base

Cheers

Thermo

Sponsored Links
When you get too close to the wall to use the hammer you have to nail through the tongue by hand and finish the last couple of runs by nailing through the face of the board and punching the nails and filling the nail head afterwards with an appropriate colour woodfilller. It is probably a good idea to use a pilot bit when you nail the last few course so you don't risk splitting the wood.

daz, i was kind of hoping to avoid that as they are prefinished, but i think it is probably the only way. i suppose i was hoping for a christmas miracle!

thermo

Sponsored Links
To add on, I have use clad fixing on flooring !, you may need to chisel it out for the correct thickness.
IMG_254_7.jpg

Another one I have done is to bang a nail into the floor joists near the outer edge then cut the head off with a cutter which will give you a pin point then bang the floorboard onto it, also a small amount of glue round the nail as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back