harmonised cables

quite easliy..
I have rolls of old and new colour 3C+E in my shed... some from an old job, some donated by my cousin from the back of his van.
Well, yes, of course you and I have old rolls - I've still got old colours in pretty much all domestic sizes, with the possible exception of 10mm².

But the OP isn't a qualified electrician. He would know if he'd just bought some new 3C&E, and the roll would look all shiny and clean and nice, not on a grubby reel covered in dust and cobwebs.

Sponsored Links
if he had just bought a nice new shiny roll of old colours then there's something wrong there, they stopped making it when the new colours came in didn't they? or at least when their stock of coloured pvc / dye / whatever ran out..?

I agree.

I wouldn't make that mistake, granted I'm an LSF fan now and therefore the white sheath and general feel of the cable gives it away.

Aside, would you say sleeving is a permanant marker? I know tape isn't, is heat-shring not the only proper option here?

even heat shrink isn't permanent though unless it's the hot melt glue lined stuff..
it's just tighter fitting sleeving once it's shrunk otherwise..

if he had just bought a nice new shiny roll of old colours then there's something wrong there
No, I meant a shiny new roll of new colours of 3C&E.

He would have bought it for this job, so it would look like he'd just bought it.

Sponsored Links
but he does say "old cable".. and speaks of regs and such so maybe he is a sparks and made a genuine mistake..?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back