Has anyone got a pic of a 3 phase CU

mdbalson said:
Here's a other picture of a 3 phase DB (The 1st Floor DB of the S Block at college) (The 3 pole MCB is for the Ground Block DB)

P3010036.jpg

This is a MEM DB, which uses Eton MCBs

P.S. John D this DB has a RCBO for the Cleaners Ring. :D

What size is that main isolator.If it is 100 or 125A then it seems a bit small to me when you consider the number of ring circuits on there, the 63A sub main and all the lighting circuits which will be on all together as it is a college.I hope the designer got his sums right.(or is it a 200A isolator?)

Sponsored Links
Thats a 100amp isolator - you then get 125, 160 and then 200amp MCCB incommers.

The boards also come in 125amp and 200amp versions (based on the busbar) - you cant fit a larger incommer to a smaller board.

Could be a little small then IMO, would be interesting to put a clamp on the incomer!

Are you supping the red stuff tonight Lec? ;)

Why - does my wording sound slurred :LOL:

I am actually drinking a few bottles of "old speckled hen"! Fancied an old man beer for a change!

There are lots of circuits on the board - but what sort of loading is expected? I forget the exact details, but isnt it a college? Maybe an overhead projector or two, a couple computers etc.....maybe not too bad....?

Sponsored Links
Nice beer - old men know best!

Like Marstons Pedigree, Flower's IPA, Fullers LP, Sam Smith's, anything hoppy really...

that's 100A per phase..

12 ring mains, 4 on each phase

and at a college, it's not likely you're going to have max demand on the ring..

although as you rightly say, the lights will be on most of the day unless they are on ocupancy and light level controlls.

ColJack said:
that's 100A per phase..

12 ring mains, 4 on each phase

and at a college, it's not likely you're going to have max demand on the ring..

although as you rightly say, the lights will be on most of the day unless they are on ocupancy and light level controlls.

Whats that got to do with beer! :LOL:

Lectrician said:
There are lots of circuits on the board - but what sort of loading is expected? I forget the exact details, but isnt it a college? Maybe an overhead projector or two, a couple computers etc.....maybe not too bad....?

The 3 IT Rooms each have 2 Ring Circuits (Left & Right hand side of the room), & 1 B&W LaserJet per IT Room, about 21 PCs per IT Room, & a projector, an amp, & an interactive whiteboard per IT Room)

On the Left hand side of the DB the circuits are:

• H&B Room Ring 1(Left side of room) C32 MCB

H&B Room Ring 2 (Right side of room) C32 MCB

IT Class Ring, C32 MCB

Training Room Ring, B32 MCB (Only supplying 1 computer, a projector, an amp, & an interactive whiteboard)

IT Class Ring, B32 MCB

Training Office, B32 MCB (1 computer)

Comms Ring, B32 MCB (all the networking things for the S Block)

IT Class Ring, B32 MCB

IT Class Ring 2, B32 MCB

Staff Room Ring, B32 MCB

Office Ring, B32 MCB

Handryers Ring, Male & Female WC, B32 MCB

Cleaners Ring, C32 RCBO

On the Right hand side of the DB the circuits are:

• IT Classroom Lights, C10 MCB

Training Room Lights, C10 MCB

IT Classroom 3 Lights, C10 MCB

Female WC Lights, C10 MCB

Stores Lights, C10 MCB

Male WC Lights, C10 MCB

Staff Room Lights, C10 MCB

IT Comms Room Lights, C10 MCB

Male & Female WC Fan Ring, C32 MCB

H & B Bay 1 Ring, B32 MCB (6 Hairdryers)

H & B Bay 2 Ring, B32 MCB (6 Hairdryers)

3 Phase Supply to Ground floor DB, 3 pole B63 MCB

P.S the S Block got rewired 3 years ago.

And here are some pictures of the rubbish, that got left behied, in the Ground Floor DB Cupboard:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u125/mdbalson/College H and B Room/P3010042.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u125/mdbalson/College H and B Room/P3010041.jpg

21 PC's - I hope you did high integrity earthing!! Doesn't lok like it from the CU though :confused:

are all the sockets in the IT rooms twin earth sockets, and are the earths in the boards into seperate earth terminals ( you can put cct 1 and cct2 under one screw, and the other ends of cct1 and cct2 under the other screw.. ) ?

if not then the install is breaking the special location section 607 of the regs...

Lectrician said:
21 PC's - I hope you did high integrity earthing!! Doesn't lok like it from the CU though :confused:

I did not install the DB, me & the electrical tutor only connected up the 2 ring finals for the 2 H&B Room Bays. (MCBs for these rings are on the right hand side of the DB)

Picture of H&B Bays

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u125/mdbalson/College H and B Room/P3010045.jpg

Supply to Bays

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u125/mdbalson/College H and B Room/P3010043.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u125/mdbalson/College H and B Room/P3010044.jpg

(The FCU is for the lights, & is spurred off from the origal ring on the left side of the room)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back