Has anyone got a pic of a 3 phase CU

it's not the only 32A mcb with a 2.5mm single cable the 2 on left hand side in middle look like they are 32A breakers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
IMGP1336.jpg

is the socket on the left really connected how I think it is?

David

:LOL: Yes, david, its connected to the meter tails! Temporary electrician's supply! Didn't they teach you anything at college . . . :LOL:

A bs1362 fuse has plenty of breaking capacity (15KA iirc) so as long as noone touches it it should be fine

No reason why anyone should touch it. It's not as if the rear terminals were exposed, with no enclosure, close to the iron service head, while people work around it with tools.

Oh yes... it is :rolleyes:

Sorry for the delay in replying, I havent been to college, As Im not a qualified electrician, but NO Way would I dare do that..

I have a Baby CU mounted to a board with some rope to form a handle for the board. Mounted on this is a henley block and a double socket, the CU contains an RCD and a 20A breaker..

I'll stick to using that and not risking an explosion!

Damn right.. its bad enough messing around with live tails ;)

So next time someone says can I get 2x 4mm² or 2x 6mm² singles into a socket, we can safely say that you can actually get 16mm² or even 25mm² cables in :D ;)

I suppose the difference is when I do a rewire, its on a refurb, so we kill all services then add temporary supplies, such as an outside tap or a piece of hep after the stop tap, and a single or double socket on the wall..

I then make sure all cables are in And only connect everything when its ready to go live, as theres nothing worse than trying to add things one at a time in a CU. (If you want it neat IMHO.)

David

you can get tails down to 10mm and possiblly smaller. 10mm should fit in a good brand of socket like MK (mk don't explicitly list 10mm but they do list 2x6mm)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back