has anyone heard of eurocell?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just had a very reasonable quote from a local independant window installer who gave us a very good quote for new double glazed pvc-u windows the brochure he left from his supplier had a euro-cell logo on it.

Can anyone tell me if this is a good make or not?

thanks

Sponsored Links
I guess i'm a little biased as i work in the for the company, however...
Eurocell are the largest PVCu profile extruder in the UK, with a turnover of over £140m
Supplying a full suite of 60/70mm profiles, vertical sliders, coloured profiles, cavity closers, conservatories, fascias, soffits, interior trims along with branded glazing products available from over 80 Eurocell Building Plastics depots nationwide ;)
All products are kitemarked, BBA accredited.

(link removed by moderator)

Sponsored Links
thanks everyone (and the ad from phillip). The main thing I was concerned about was the strength of the frames as Ive read some worrying tales of plastic window frames being too flimsy and gradually bending and bowing. ive never had plastic before but am fed up of the pools of condensation on my single glazed 1900's cottage windows and sills, and we want to get out of painting windows for the next 20 years! ......that's hopefully if the plastic lasts that long?

please don't put crap pvc-u in that 1900's cottage! by the way the condensation might not be solved!

john fredricks do a great profile for properties like yours if your desperate for pvc. they do a ovolo moulded frame in 70 mm
one of the best around!

thanks everyone (and the ad from phillip). The main thing I was concerned about was the strength of the frames as Ive read some worrying tales of plastic window frames being too flimsy and gradually bending and bowing.

I guess i'm a little biased as i work in the for the company....

(link removed by moderator)

Phil am I right in thinking the profile is sold to the window manufacturer without the metal reinforcement and its their choice which thickness of reinforcement they want to slide into the profile?

Mw, that is correct. We supply the PVCu window profile in 6m lengths to our fabricators. They then fabricate the windows to the standard we stipulate in our fabrication manual.
We sell the steel/aluminium reinforcing also, however, the fabricator could choose to buy 'cheaper' steel from elsewhere.

Hi, eurocell are a very big profile manufacturer, I have had some of their product come through our outlet, and they are a good quality product, everything we have had through has been re inforced with aluminium which appears to be designed purely for their profile, I may stand corrected here if I am wrong.

thanks everyone, I think all these positive comments have helped us make our decision to go with the quote and fitter who uses this product, and the ovolo frame does look a lot better than those flat blocky looking ones.

I will let you know the result!

thanks

All windows in and done, eurocell ovolo - we are really impressed with the quality an the result. the moulding looks better than I expected in the older part of the house, .......and no more painting!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back