Have a look

Sponsored Links
I think that congratulations are in order, you've done a super job and that hardwood door compared to what it was is truly outstanding. I know that a number of the guys including myself have offered advice yet at the end of the day the result is down to you, and you should be well proud of your work.

Dec

Give yourself a pat on the back.

Might be the light but the pic showing the side angle on the garden steps looks to have some difference in colour/shade

Sponsored Links
All the walls are perfect apart from the dwarf wall ( Third picture) which has slight colour shade, i was going to repaint the wall but i was afraid it would be slightly darker than the rest of the walls.
I think the reason for the colour shading was i didnt stir that newly opened tin of paint long enough, could this be the reason?

Definately, the pigment does settle in the tin and always needs a good stir and if its a mixed paint from a tint machine whats stuck to the lid rather than in the paint can make a difference, its really annoying cos if they left an inch at the top of the tin the paint would mix much better.

The paint was bought off the shelf.
So if i give the paint a good stir and repaint the wall should it be okay and blend in with the other walls perfect.
The door was given two coats of Sadolin extra durable woodstain in antique pine

I would say that it would, if you have'nt thinned your paint thinning it a little will offer you better flow.

Dec

I didnt think it was a good idea to thin exterior masonry paint. :oops: :oops:

When painting bare render it is quite acceptable to thin your first coat around 10% this aids in both flow and penetration, subsequent coats can then be thinned around 5% to give a more even coverage.

Dec

I will repaint the streaky wall tomorrow and give the paint a good stir before and during the job.
will report back with the results.

I repainted between some of the steps about half an hour ago and it has dried out streaky, i stirred the paint for about 10 minutes before hand and while doing the painting.
This is doing my head in as the rest of the job is perfect.
HELP HELP HELP :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

It's a little to late in the evening to be applying paint, the sun has long gone and there is far more moisture in the air, now leave it be and see what it looks like in the morning.

Dec

I waited until it was dry and sunny stirred the paint for about 10 minutes and I painted between these two steps, the bottom step has dried out all the one colour with no streaking but it is a lot darker, how can i get this colour to match the other spice coloured bits around the house that have been painted.
or will i need to buy another tin of Spice coloured paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back