Have I a flat alarm standby battery?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a sterling 10 system and when I set it off (i.e. by going in through the front door which is not an entry/exit point) the bell sounder and strobe do not activate, nor does the panel alarm. The panel or bell box have not been touched. Also, if our electric goes off the usual code reset does not work and the system remains in the entry /exit alarm state. I am thinking that the standby battery is flat or at least low as the system does not have enough power to go off.

Any ideas would be appreciated as the system is pretty useless at the moment and I don't want to get a new battery unless it's needed.

Sponsored Links
The system is connected to a 230v supply. Of course it has enough power.

If the battery was low, it would tell you. It would certainly tell you, and all your neighbours if the power went off.

System may have crashed. Try opening up the control unit disconnect the battery and mains then re apply the mains.Then try your code. If the battery is over 5 years old I would recommend you replace it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back