Have I been rinsed by unnecessary power flushing???

I recently had to add 3 rads to a system for a half job done by some muppets. They installed 3 rads, and left it at that. The poor customer was then quoted £1'000 to have 3 more rads installed by the same people. Luckily i got to speak to her before she confirmed the work with these other guys and i added thh 3 rads for her for 1/3 of the price.

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I recently had to add 3 rads to a system for a half job done by some muppets. They installed 3 rads, and left it at that. The poor customer was then quoted £1'000 to have 3 more rads installed by the same people. Luckily i got to speak to her before she confirmed the work with these other guys and i added thh 3 rads for her for 1/3 of the price.

:rolleyes:

why you rolling your eyes, are you saying its fine to rip customers off?

You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself if you do.

You get me?

You get me?

Its of paramount importance that you get me.

Sponsored Links
He certainly put the horse before the cart, and yes he doesn't seem to know what he is doing. Ask him to properly diagnose and deduct from his bill the cost of parts and labour. He may not be a rip off merchant and may put it down to experience.
Or call iron naz :rolleyes:

All he has to do is leave negative feedback. If the chap only has a few feedback comments this will severely impact his 'average'. Feedback from these sites can be a waste of time, no point getting someone with 20 positives about changing tap washers, when you want a boiler repair.
But people see what they want see. There are lots of handyman types on these sites.

Long live the day when the scourge of Coventry have been vanquished by the Saviour known as Iron Naz.

I installed 8 rads for a customer and replaced all the microbore with 22 and 15mm. I was so incensed by the previous rip -off installers, whose system had worked perfectly for 20 years until I got my hands onto it, that I only managed to give the customer £800000000000000000000 of my own money.

Power flushing is about water quality and is a cleaning process. Yes it might have been needed to improve water quality and prevent these type of problems, but a stuck diverter valve and other physical problems will have to be repaired separately after the system is clean.

It sound like you need the secondary heat exchanger removed and flushed, while it is out you can purge the debris out of the diverter valve.

Power flushing can not fix broken parts.

, get two or three more people in to give you quotes and diagnose the fault, sounds like you have been done good and proper.

No, don't waste other engineers' time. Get someone reliable, recommended by a friend, relative or colleague (or IronNaz :LOL: ). Let them fix the problem.

If the plumber told you the work he did would fix the problem, why did you pay when it didn't?

Well, the boiler was fixed by a (proper) heating engineer for £160 and has been working perfectly since. It was the diaphragm (split) and diverter valve (stuck in place) that were the culprits.

Needless to say, if you're reading this forum post from the link in www.ratedpeople.com (and various other websites) then I would very strongly suggest that you steer clear of Brian Morris of GasTech Heating, London W10 5DZ.

Nice one, glad you got it sorted, and for a reasonable price

Or report him to trading standards for being a rip off merchant, get two or three more people in to give you quotes and diagnose the fault, sounds like you have been done good and proper.

Why would two or three engineers come out free of charge to diagnose the fault?

I certainly would not !

Anyone who does must be seriously short of work!

I always charge to make a visit !

Tony

Again Agile you are being a TIT, she quoted when hot water is on Rads come on its the divertor every day off the week even an apprentise could diagnose that so no call out or flush is needed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back