Have you seen this?

T

timmyquick

One of the worst in the UK, and seemingly the most successful one is DIYnot. The moderators are nameless and faceless, they delete posts because they don't like them and they allow "amateur sparks" to hand out advice with out so much as a by your leave.

The worst culprits are three guys..well I am assuming they are Guys, breezer, Ban-all-sheds and some total pratt who goes by the name of Plugwash, looking at his electrical knowledge in many of his posts he should stick to plug washing!

These people should be banned from the industry.

I have been in this job since I was 15 some 42 years ago, it is a disgrace the way the industry has been left to regulate itself, and don't get me started about the NICEIC. I have to be registered for local authority work, but it is a means to an end, not because I believe in them!

Role on real regulation.

copied from here

Sponsored Links
And have you noticed the irony? It is from a site with tradesmen moaning about DIYers also, despite supposedly being about self build houses (made entirely out of DIY, then!)

Yes, 'tis quite an old thread, we had this one a couple of months ago.

Sponsored Links
Blimey! :eek:

Makes you realise what a good forum it is here! Much better class of posters.

One things for sure, P has stirred up some strong feelings, whatever side of the fence you sit...

I was amazed how much crap was written in that thread and how little fact. Won't be looking there for advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back