Have you worked in Germany?

I agree with you 100% I was reading in yesterdays papers how much Britain pays into the EU, its billions a year, all wrong.

Sponsored Links
@malcolmx

Germany pays the most in total to the EU, the Dutch pay the most per capita. GB is second and third respectively ( not 100% about those figs)

The sectors producing current growth have nothing to do with the EU and are, regrettably. ones where GB no longer plays a major role: luxury cars, mechanical-engineering and process equipment, machine-tools.

Apart from the cars, all products needed by the Asians in their new factories.

EDIT

I spent about 5 years working in Germany and visited frequently throughout my working-life. I like the Germans a lot, but then I like many of the French too :confused:

Great place, Germany. I was there in the 70's and Werner, the landlord of my flat, loved reminiscing about the war. His wife, Elspeth couldn't do enough cooking for us. We returned their hospitality with copious amounts of NAAFI rum, brandy and whisky

I worked for a company in Hanau just outside of Frankfurt and stayed in a little town called Langanselbold, I had a real good time when I was there, I don't mean having a good time partying after all I was there to work and I threw myself into it, loved every minute of it.

Sponsored Links
I had excellent relations with germans, on my grand tour of europe.

Spent five years in Werl with the Army, had a great time. Germans' work hard and play hard.

The Beerfests were something else. :LOL:

Back