This 'll make you mad.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I spoke to a friend last night who is a nurse.

She was telling me that it was her first day back at work after a dispute had resulted in her suspension.

The reason for her suspension was because she had the temerity to criticise a manager's abilities to his face.

At no time was rude, abusive, racist etc etc.

She was suspended on full pay and an agency nurse was recruited to do her job whilst the incident was investigated.

So, you're thinking, 'what's the big deal'?

Surely the matter could be cleared up in a day or two, and that would be the end of the matter.

A day or two?...

A week?...

She was off work on FULL PAY...

Whilst someone else did her job for...

5 MONTHS

Comforting to know our money's well spent isn't it? :evil:

Sponsored Links
she had the temerity to criticise a manager's abilities to his face.

Well it is obvious that she was out of order because the manager only took five months to make a decision that would have taken anyone else a couple of hours/days. Par for the course.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Glad to hear that she is back at work, we can do with all the nurses that we can lay our hands on. :eek:

dave

Sponsored Links
So did the manager get the boot then or transferred to another department or are they to off work, with full pay due to stress related illness and staff harassment ;)

my cousins husband has just gone back to work after a 7 month suspension on full pay after his boss on the council used him to do some private work..

he asked the boss at the time if he'd cleared the use of the council digger with them and his boss said yes.. turns out no he didn't, but his boss tried to put the blame on my cousins husband.. so an investigation was done..

Used to work in NHS (in IT), one girl (admin) couldn't do any job she was given (not joking) and was moved from dept to dept endd up being sent home and sitting for 3 months on full pay as no one realised she wasn't at work

Also in out dept we had at least 2 people on managers salary who didn't manage anyone but themselves.

One was setting up accounts for new IT system called Choose&Book, she set up 10 accounts in 18 months and was on over £30 grand a year

New Chief Exec of the Trust didn't want laptop (6 months old) as it belonged to old Chief Exec and got new one didn't like it as was too big and heavy got another was something like 1 cm smaller and a few grams lighter

I stayed in accommodation for a bit and one girl stayed there who was illegally emaployed was suspended while it was sorted out and is still living there (rent free) over 2 years later

So many stories about how badly it is run from the top up

actually there are hundreds in the nhs on full pay suspension, mainly doctors :eek:

and we pay for it :mad:

this is the reason the govt has no money. their public service depts are run by bloody idiots.

Sponsored Links
Back