If you can't beat them

Sponsored Links
They won't want to come over its too cold and wet so no where to leave their towels out.

Might as well. They almost own Britain as it is. After all they are the architect of a Federal Europe.

I seem to remember from history, they have tried before (twice)

We've had their offcasts before where do you think the Saxons came from.

Sponsored Links
Might as well. They almost own Britain as it is. After all they are the architect of a Federal Europe.

I seem to remember from history, they have tried before (twice)

Was it not originaly an American idea, to try and stop us Europeans regularly butchering each other ?

Well the Queen and the rest of the hangers on are all German, apart from Phil the greek who seems my sort of chap, to the point :D

Back on track with the original post,with the Tories intent on cut,cut then cut again, hard to see where any improvement is going to come from any time soon.

I don't think we'll be joining them.....Not ever!
Click on "Corporate Film" in the link below and watch in amazement.
http://www.liebherr.us/en-GB/101445.wfw

Seen a 50 ton Liebherr crane out on site the other day.
Just for one day and cost £800 for one days work. Cost new about £250k.
Very impressive I thought and prompted me to have a butchers at their website above.

The guys are now back to using a 50 year old RB 22 which has been clanking around the site all week and looks like a contender for the China smelters.
A mechanic spent two days doing repairs before any lifting started.
We make nothing anymore and hence can afford nothing. (Save perhaps JCB)
We are at the end of a four month contract in a small football grounds and about to tell 8 guys theres no more work.
I overheard one of the guys on his mobile the other day talking to social security about signing on. I despair.

Im sure liebherr is Austrian ( Germans all the same)
This is interasting. I spent 37 years of my life in a British crane manufacturing plant (Coles Cranes) in 1994 the parent co. Acrow went bust. but Coles Cranes who exported its product to every country in the world, was doing OK as a stand alone business, with a full order book.
The then management made an offer to the reciever but were outbid by our USA competetors GROVE. They were delighted to now own a European manufacturing plant, with more sophistcated products, which Europe demanded, and they did not produce.

All went well for a few years till German re-unification, when East Germany turned into the largest construction site in Europe. Try as we may we could not penetrate that market. Germans purchased German kit,
Liebherr, Gottwald, Krupp etc.
It was then that our American owners decided that to get a piece of the action they would have to buy a German crane manufacturer, so they bought Krupp Cranes in Willhlmshaven. I knew then that the writing was on the wall. Grove needed a European manufacturing facility, they did not need two. Coles Cranes closed in 1999.
Britain now imports its total reuirement for mobile/truck cranes.
We ca'nt beat them, lets joim them.

Back on track with the original post,with the Tories intent on cut,cut then cut again, hard to see where any improvement is going to come from any time soon.
Do we not, like the Germans, have to start manufacturing things that the world desires. We are famous for creating the indutrial revolution and exporting our produce througout the world. Whats gone wrong.
Name internationally renown British products.
Rolls Royce aero engines
Scotch Whiskey
JCB
British Aerospace weapons systems
err I'm strugling now

We are outstanding in the field of:

Single parents,
Benefit cheats,
Bad drivers,
Corrupt politicians,
Bureaucracy,
Crime,