having a huge dormer built.

@oldbutnotdead, thanks - yes, I had a good call with BCO today - they have accepted all changes saying the architect over spec'd - the builder is still proposing minimum or higher than minimum.

So the builder didn't quote from the spec on the plans / drawings?

Sponsored Links
@oldbutnotdead, thanks - yes, I had a good call with BCO today - they have accepted all changes saying the architect over spec'd - the builder is still proposing minimum or higher than minimum.

If the builder priced as per the spec, then if I were you I would be asking for the savings made as a result of using lesser spec materials to be discounted from my bill. Others your paying for something your not getting.

Also does not discount the fact your builder is bodging the dormer leaving large gaps which will cause issues with the fibre glass later on

As both the above. If the builder quoted from your approved drawings and is now substituting lower spec materials then he's not fulfilling the contract.
Good news from BCO but minimum standards are not a high bar- if you paid for a Rolls Royce and received a Ford Focus you would have grounds to be annoyed, even though both have a wheel at each corner, keep the rain out and get you from A to B without having to walk.

Sponsored Links
Well it depends when he did all the quoting! as we all know building materials have rocketed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back