Having New Soffits fitted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a few quotes for new soffits to be fitted and all have said they need to remove 2 rows of roof tiles.

I now have a quote from a company who says this is unneccessary as they can feed the new felt in thorough the gap thats left after removing the old soffits and barge board.

Does this sound right? i'm now completely confused about what way to go.

Sponsored Links
Well technically thats correct but when they remove the fascia, all the tiles will drop down and just hang there (or some could fall off).

It will just make it harder for the fitters lifting a new fascia board, and all the tiles at the same time to nail it to the roof.

Would be easier to remove the tiles and ensures fixing the fascia nice and straight and level. ;)

And how does this company fix the new felt and and any eaves fillers etc?
Sounds like they will shove a piece of DPC under the tiles and then this will be flaping around afterwards.

The only proper way, and to do a proper job, would be to remove the tiles to allow proper access.

How long does it take to remove two rows of tiles - 5 minutes?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back