having to stay in all day to wait for a parcel....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was at work yesterday...
hubyy was off but went out to the gym and for some shopping.

A delivery arrived but was taken away because no in.

We didnt know it was coming then and a note was left saying it would arrive today for 2nd attempt between 8am and 6pm!!!!

I know its not their fault but how frustrated am I today having to stay in all day waiting.

I rang up to say , would they leave the stuff in the garage but no they wont because someone has to sign for them.

ARRGHHH... nor can they give me an approximate time of delivery.

sorry if any of you are delivery drivers but god it is frustrating.

why cant they just leave it, if it gets stolen then surely that would be my fault.

Sponsored Links
toffee....think about what you just said .....depending on whats in the package, you might not think that....(surely your fault) what if you had some kind of windfall and it was a great fortune or something equal and it got stolen....you betcha by golly i'd be calling upset. Do you have a neighbor that's home that could sign for it? also, fyi ---may be totally different there...but on the notice that you got yesterday, on the back side, does it give you the option of choosing a convenient time.
it's the same here....for stuff like that...they narrow it down to between 8a-4pm--that's my work day, too (well in theory)

noone else to sign.
No option for convenient time.
If they come this time and Im not in, they will take them back to a depot where I can collect them.

You are right...
Im just being impatient I guess. But Im off work today and I have things I need to do, like get my hair cut, take dogs out, collect kids from school.

Ive got loads of house work to do at home too but oh....

I was just wingeing!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

:LOL:

i know the feeling...hopefully if will be one of their first stops today (since that is usually how they load their trucks-(ups, fedex, etc) the last thing undeliverable yesterday is usually the last on the truck which makes it on the top (first)....anyway have a good day off, regardless. :D

Sponsored Links
I sent a parcel to a customer in London a few weeks ago. Unusually she had asked for a Saturday am delivery, which to my shock cost about £40 (it's about £15 for a weekday anytime). She phoned me at 6pm saying it had not arrived. This was because TNT had ballsed up as they sometimes do. Hope you don't have the same problem.

am going for a bath....
it will be just my luck that they will come as my head in under shower rinsing my hair!!!

It will be like that advert where the couple are going to have a party and just as they put on the ice crushing machine or something noisy, in the kitchen,

all their friends knock on the door.

The couple dont hear them and think no one is comin.

The pals at the door think they have the wrong night.. and so on...

Hey all you lot here.. wake up!!!
I think I got a bit boring then :LOL:

Hope your delivery has arrived Toffee.

On Friday I dared to go out whilst my son was in bed (it was around 11am) and when I got back there was a card saying we'd missed a delivery. I phoned up to rearrange for Monday and when son dragged his sorry ahrse out of bed he had 40 fits. He needed the delivery for Friday night as it was promotional work items. I told him to drive to depot to collect but he refused and blamed me for being out - not himself for not getting up to answer the door :rolleyes: :LOL:

Kids eh?????

toffee said:
I was at work yesterday...
hubyy was off but went out to the gym and for some shopping.

A delivery arrived but was taken away because no in.

We didnt know it was coming then and a note was left saying it would arrive today for 2nd attempt between 8am and 6pm!!!!

I know its not their fault but how frustrated am I today having to stay in all day waiting.

I rang up to say , would they leave the stuff in the garage but no they wont because someone has to sign for them.

ARRGHHH... nor can they give me an approximate time of delivery.

sorry if any of you are delivery drivers but god it is frustrating.

why cant they just leave it, if it gets stolen then surely that would be my fault.

Your life is most surely the most hellish experience I have ever encountered, I suggest 10 weeks of intensive therapy, or failing that re-arrange a mutually convenient delivery time.

eddie M!!!!!!!!
that was the whole point.
You cant arrange a mutual time!

Moz... well, what can I say...
tell you what.. I wont.. :LOL:

I'll think of something silly to say later. But til then I reckon there's got to be a market for a secure large delivery box on the front of your property. So when its delivered to, it can be locked shut. Or maybe have a swipe card system which the delivery firm could use to deposit [ not nick] stuff to your box. Am I mad? With everyone working these days [ sweeping statement, I know its not true], there is a need for something.

Mark

Milk, no sugar ta.

Brightness said:
I told him to drive to depot to collect but he refused and blamed me for being out - not himself for not getting up to answer the door :rolleyes: :LOL:

Kids eh?????
Whack him round the back of the head with a length of 4x2, and ask him what bit of him not getting up to collect his delivery is not his fault...

Sponsored Links
Back