Having trouble doing the verges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've put a tiled roof onto my workshop, its not a very big roof, fitted the undercloak etc.. and now i'm trying to mortar the verges, however i'm fairly sure theres more mortar on the floor than on the verges :LOL:
It doesnt appear to like sticking to the concrete tiles at all, I have added PVA to the mix, and PVA primed the tiles and cloaking.
Any tips on how I can get the mortar to stay up?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Strange... it is a fairly easy task.. I would take a guess that your mix is to wet. your muck should be well mixed and able to stand up.

Are you actually bedding the tiles (as you should) or try to parge it up?

Ah I didnt know the verge tiles were supposed to be bedded on mortar, that probably would make life quite a lot easier, i'm just trying to get it into the gap.
Maybe I should have bought some of those verge cap things instead :LOL:

are you trying to point the verge in one go.
you are suppose to back bed the verge first scrape it back so it's about an inch from the inside the fibreboard.
let it go off then point it fully to the edge...

Sponsored Links
as has been said take off the tiles at the verge and bed them on a dollop of muck then point in the edge when the muck hasstarted to go off..

Ooh don't put those nasty council caps on, a good mix of mortar with your pva will last years :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back