Hazard For Cat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking after a couple of cats for a couple of years while the family are away.

One of them like sitting on the warm Freeview box on the telly in the garage....

HappyCat.jpg

Trouble is, I have to spoil his fun & box it in, otherwise he may do himself a mischief.

Sponsored Links
as long as he doesn't mess with the wiring (Afaict mains and video wiring is generally too thick to be of interest to cats and I'm sure there is plenty of other mains wiring it could mess with if it wanted to) and everything is reasonably stable the cat is unlikely to come to any harm.

I was thinking his fur may poke though the ventilation slots on the casing and touch the pcb.

Or that his coat may block the slots & burn his skin.

Sponsored Links
If I electrocute the cat, I shall be persona non grata... I have to look after them, not do away with them!

the fur does get into everything.

If you box it in I can guarantee that one day you will come to it & the cat will be in there with it :D

I'm off to bed in a bit & I'm sure I will have to play hunt the cat first, just so I dont end up sitting down onto it. :D

You just need to provide an equally heated but more comfortable place :D

Oooh that looks comfy!!
Is that one of those new orthopedic chairs then? :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back