HE24 Vibrating Boiler Noise

Sponsored Links
Agas -> Somehow I have two accounts - double the annoyance!
Everyone -> the GSE from Ideal's list is out in an hour, but given he said a number of things I reckon he's not seen the particular symptoms.
Steelmason -> supposedly unlike your good self, why not just tell me so I can tell the guy? - and the other GSE's are unsure as well.

I'll consider calling Ideal out if the guy feels unsure about the cause. Unsure if it's worth the £250 call out charge given the next thing to break will be along shortly - might be new boiler time at that point.

Andrew

I'll consider calling Ideal out if the guy feels unsure about the cause. Unsure if it's worth the £250 call out charge given the next thing to break will be along shortly - might be new boiler time at that point.
this is what i don't understand , even thou i hate giving jobs to manu's ( business ) , you have already questioned this guys experience thats coming but don't want to pay ideals £250 ( i thought it was more ???) WHY????? . if he the engineer doesn't fix the problem (as your words , don't feel he's competent) you have wasted that money ( parts & labour ) and still have to pay ideals £250 to fix problem , be smart with your money and a new boiler could be way off at this point . a lot of engineers on the credited ideals list are installers installing Ideal boilers but you may be lucky and he may be an experienced breakdown engineer but thats your gamble :whistle:

what really gets on my t!ts is people using different names , and you seem to have full control OF which name you use SO,WHY ???.

Last edited:
AGAS -> name -> it was a genuine mistake didn't even think about it. Must be an old account.

The GSE guy has cancelled. He took another look at the video and said "these boilers are terrible and can be a nightmare, I don't want to get involved."

Appreciate him being honest. And I wasn't questioning his competency - just trying to get a "experienced breakdown engineer" as you put it.

Call to Ideal is next on the list.

Sponsored Links
Ideal is probably your best choice on this occasion when you don't know any gas engineers even thou you may pay more initially

It really can only be three things, Gas Valve faulty (or not set up correctly ) , Pump, Fan, you wont get much change if and and probaly cost more than £250, if you can get Ideal fix price repair at that then take and stop trying to find a cheaper solution , there isnt one

Ideal have been brilliant, they took a look at the video and correctly diagnosed the problem. Armed with a new gas valve, a local fitted it in an hour and the noise has gone.

The HE30 (not HE24 as per title) lives on!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back