Ideal ICOS HE24 - Loud, Vibrating Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

A week ago our boiler started making a loud vibrating noise which you could literally feel from the other side of the kitchen! Thursday evening last week we got an LF error code, after calling Ideal they told me that this is a lockdown error and that it meant that the condense line was probably blocked and to call an engineer out.

Today I had a gas engineer come to my house - he opened the gasket, cleared the water and dirt in there, he also removed and cleaned a plastic trap at the base of the boiler. When he turned the boiler back on the LF code turned to c which is what it is on at the moment. However, as I mentioned above, before our boiler went to LF status it was making a loud noise (very hard to explain, almost sounds like a car with a power pipe). It took about half an hour for this noise to start up again after he left - this time though we aren't getting an error code! When the boiler is running it makes this noise (when the burner light is on continuously). What could this noise be and how can I rectify it? If I leave the boiler on will it damage any other part of the boiler?

After spending close to £300.00 today I don’t know what I should do next.

Please help?!?!? Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
could be the co setting on the boiler,get it checked asap.also ask to check the insulation is inplace on the inside of the combustion box

Doubt it's the CO and no,you can't check it yourself. Where does the condense drain to?Can you see the condense discharging?

Sponsored Links
After spending £300 you ought to get the same engineer back.
Did he replace any parts?

Hi did you manage to sort out the fault.
I have the same problem with my boiler.

sounds to me like a very common problem with these boilers.
went too 2 of these with same problem last week, both were sludged up.
i cleaned both systems and put fernox tf1 filters on and they are both working fine now.

[Ad removed]

Hello

After spending close to £300.00 today I don’t know what I should do next.

Please help?!?!? Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

As someone who does most boiler repairs for just £84 in the local area I get a funny feeling when reading that.

But when saying that I am aware that other pros on this site do not agree with me and presumably think that prices charged take into account how new the cars on the drive are.

When British Gas and other large companies have fixed price repairs from about £200.

Of course most of what he said two years ago probably result because he did not bother to get his boiler serviced regularly and I can see why many would want to charge him more in that situation.

Regardless, £300 is more than enough for anyone to fix a boiler properly.

Tony

Who should Assad ask?

It would seem that Assad also does not pay to have his boiler serviced regularly either!

No qualified engineers visiting Assad! He wants to do it himself!

Who should Assad ask?

It would seem that Assad also does not pay to have his boiler serviced regularly either!

No qualified engineers visiting Assad! He wants to do it himself!
i meant the ideal engineer who he has paid £3oo to get his boiler fixed

What a load of tosh, saying a blocked condensate trap would cause this noise and even further to that giving advice as to removing said trap, which you know (or maybe you are ignorant of the fact) that it forms part of the flue system. If you are RGI then you should not be giving this advice on an open forum. Yes, you can find any info from the instruction book, but don't encourage diy gas work. :evil:
Where are the Mods on this one?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back