Headlight problem???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
any ideas before i get ripped off at the auto electricians :cry: ....noticed last night in the reflection of another car that one of my headlights when on dipped beam is alot dimmer than the other??

when put on full beam both are fine :confused:

really appreciate any help anyoe could give me ;)

Sponsored Links
oh and also is this an offence to drive like this?

The one thats dim - while looking at it, get someone to flick between sidelights and dipped beam. Does it change at all? I'm thinking the dipped beam filament is goosed.

Full beam is a seperate filament in the lamp, so this works independantly, though the combination varies between cars.

On my car, you pull the lever back and both full and dipped are on. Let go and just full beam is on. Repeat and the reverse happens.

Driving with a defective headlight, IIRC is an offence, but i may be wrong.

crafty1289 said:
The one thats dim - while looking at it, get someone to flick between sidelights and dipped beam. Does it change at all? I'm thinking the dipped beam filament is goosed.

Full beam is a seperate filament in the lamp, so this works independantly, though the combination varies between cars.

On my car, you pull the lever back and both full and dipped are on. Let go and just full beam is on. Repeat and the reverse happens.

Driving with a defective headlight, IIRC is an offence, but i may be wrong.

just checked and no the headlight with the problem doesnt change in intensity from sidelight to dipped :cry: ...am i looking at an expensive job would you have any idea?

Sponsored Links
Back