Health Lottery

I

imamartian

no idea how that's going, but what if.... we had a Prison Lottery?

All the money gleaned would be used to build and maintain prisons.... so that we could properly manage and punish the crims....

Sponsored Links
Why have a lottery to build more prisons?
We have enough scrapped ships that we could moor out in the open sea and use them, thereby ensuring there is little chance of escape and also with no mains 230v electricity they couldn't use their play stations!
Its a no-brainer and problem solved in my opinion.

My opposition was that since prisoners choose to live in these establishments through their actions, it would seem a far fairer system if they were sent to perform hard labour - the proceeds of which should be used to build and manage further prisons as required.

Therefore the concept of a Prison Lottery is IMO flawed since a lottery presumably is designed to raise cash for those who, through no real fault of their own have landed in a certain predicament. Criminals do not fall into this category.

Sponsored Links
My opposition was that since prisoners choose to live in these establishments through their actions,

of course they don't choose to go to prison.... you go to prison based on breaking a law... but you have to accept a law in order to break it... these fools are in prison and feel hard done to (morally) !!

Why have a lottery to build more prisons?
We have enough scrapped ships that we could moor out in the open sea and use them, thereby ensuring there is little chance of escape and also with no mains 230v electricity they couldn't use their play stations!
Its a no-brainer and problem solved in my opinion.

We don't have enough prisons... they're over subscribed.. and they cost a hell of a lot of money to run... as would an empty ship !!!

ok, fine tuning the question.... what do you think Joe Public would make of such a lottery choice?

My opposition was that since prisoners choose to live in these establishments through their actions,

of course they don't choose to go to prison.... you go to prison based on breaking a law... but you have to accept a law in order to break it... these fools are in prison and feel hard done to (morally) !!
Are you now suddenly allowing my tangential point which got deleted, and which you criticised? :confused: It's your thread, after all.

We have enough scrapped ships that we could moor out in the open sea and use them,

Then our French Navy (Sic) could use them as target drones................

Can't help thinking we don't need to spend more money on the prisons, just spread the money we have now much more thinly so the idea of a lottery to fund new prisons seems to be a non starter.
I like cantaloupes idea of the hard labour though. Most criminals turn to crime so they don't have to work for a living but with work as a deterent , now that's an idea ;)

Can't help thinking we don't need to spend more money on the prisons, just spread the money we have now much more thinly so the idea of a lottery to fund new prisons seems to be a non starter.
I like cantaloupes idea of the hard labour though. Most criminals turn to crime so they don't have to work for a living but with work as a deterent , now that's an idea ;)

There aren't enough prisons. And funding is already being cut. So the obvious response is to let the crims out early.... most sentences only result in 50% of them being served, and even less after 'good behaviour' and appeal courts have meddled.

I think this kind of works as an incentive rather than a deterrent !!!

But again, would Joe Public spend on this idea?

Sorry martian, but the way you seem to be wording it is that it would be an incentive for me to freely give some more of my money to pay for these selfish twits to have themselves locked up. It's tantamount to blackmail - if we don't pay to help them enjoy their incarceration then they will continue to blight our lives :confused:

Sorry martian, but the way you seem to be wording it is that it would be an incentive for me to freely give some more of my money to pay for these selfish twits to have themselves locked up. It's tantamount to blackmail - if we don't pay to help them enjoy their incarceration then they will continue to blight our lives :confused:
no, the way you seem to be interpreting my wording is such.... ;)

and "have you 'freely' give some more of your money" is at least an oxymoron isn't it? :eek:

But no, the moral dilemna of the lottery thing is that you do freely enter, whereas a tax is compulsory !!! plus with the lottery, you may become very very rich !!!! ;)

and "have you 'freely' give some more of your money" is at least an oxymoron isn't it? :eek:
Conceded :oops: ;)

But no, the moral dilemna of the lottery thing is that you do freely enter, whereas a tax is compulsory !!! plus with the lottery, you may become very very rich !!!! ;)
Which would be a big incentive for some little scrote to burgle from me :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back