The Lottery

Guy few doors up won half million , one mate won 1.2 million and another 2 mates won 3 million each as part of syndicate who won 38 million and guy done a job for won 2 million and know of a few others in town who have won a few hundred grand one of them paid for half a dozen of her mates to get boob jobs o

Sponsored Links
Guy few doors up won half million , one mate won 1.2 million and another 2 mates won 3 million each as part of syndicate who won 38 million and guy done a job for won 2 million and know of a few others in town who have won a few hundred grand one of them paid for half a dozen of her mates to get boob jobs

Although I had decided to give the GD forum a miss for a while, because I raised the thread, I just had to come back on this one. Assuming that you are talking about the pre 59 number lottery, the odds against you knowing the winner of the 14,000,000 to 1 lottery jackpot, are very high indeed. And the odds of knowing a second winner, never mind a third, fourth or fifth as you do, are statistically astronomical. Am I correct in thinking that house prices in your area have gone through the roof because of the increase in demand?

I am not doubting you gas112 and will use your post in future to show that, statistically speaking, anything is possible.

This time, I really will bow out.

bolo statistically speaking it would also depend on the amount of people you know and how wide your circle of friends is.
One of the guys who won over 3 million i done his heating for him and he said bit cheap aint it do you not want to charge me more after all i am not short of a few bob,nope you get same price as everyone else .

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I am not doubting you gas112 and will use your post in future to show that, statistically speaking, anything is possible.

This time, I really will bow out.

Don't doubt him on this Bolo!
I probably know 2 of the characters he mentioned. Sold an expensive fireplace job to the brother of one major lottery winner, was in the winners sisters year at school and lived a few streets away as kids. Was pleased to see the winner walk into the shop, and was expecting a major sale - he bought a poker or something similar:(.
Another guy I knew vaguely was a decorator and had a business partner. He obviously packed up when he won, but within a few months he was back kon the brushes, as he couldn't not work!
Oddly, AFAIA, I do not actually know any of the the syndicate winners, there was about half a dozen, all winning, IIRC, about £2M each - but have several customers that do.

Yep done his heating as well fireman .his was a lucky dip and his Mrs didn't know it was a winner till ticket presented

Still doing the "tax on stupidity" and still not winning. (n)
Never known anyone who had any sort of decent win on it.
The dad of a chap I worked with had a big win on the pools way back in the early 70s. £45K IIRC. That'd be a million quid now I suppose.

Less than half that - £44,471.25 (1971)

according to:
http://www.moneysorter.co.uk/calculator_inflation2.html#calculator
A lot less than I reckoned. Still a nice win though! I remember his dad bought him a new car, and paid off his mortgage. :)

Never done the Lottery here but lived in Australia going back a bit and we used to regularly win thirties and forties and at least three times won a couple of hundred. From memory you'd get between two and three hundred Dollars for 4 numbers. And no bonus ball bullshit over there either.

Sponsored Links
Back