BidFun.co.uk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
www.bidfun.co.uk
Anyone have any views on this site.
On the face of it it looks good. For example, a brand new iPad in the manufactures packaging for around £20. WOW, that sounds a Bargain, which of course it is for the lucky bidder, but what a money making game that is for the site owners.
The rules of the bid are simple. Each bid raises the price of the Item, what ever it is, by 1p. Each bid costs one unit. You have to buy units from the Bid Fun site in blocks of say 20 for £13 ie 65p per unit.
No problem there then.
But work it out - If an iPad goes for £20, there has to have been 2000 bidders as the price has risen by 2000p. Now at 65p per bid that earned the site owners £1300, for an iPad that costs say £400, £900 profit. Not bad EH!
One iPad went for £112, still a good buy for the winning bidder but the site owners got a staggering £7280 for the iPad - Phew!!!! £6880 profit.
I think a lot of bidders are being duped driven by the greed for a bargain, whilst the Bid Fun owners drive around in Ferrari's. This has to be better than winning the Euro Lottery for the owners.
Any one that uses this site must be crazy, apart of course for the lucky bidder, but how many bids has that bidder made to eventually win the item and what about the 1000's of losers who spend units as if they were pennies not units.
I suppose it is the same as buying a lottery ticket, the vast majority of punters are losers hoping for the big prize, but at least some of the lottery cash goes to charities - such as the huge cash aid thrown at Manchester United, now that is a good cause considering their huge income, but someone has to pay their wonderful footballers their Multi Million Pound salaries, it might as well be the Lottery Punters. May be the Bid Fun site owners are similarly supporting good causes but I doubt that very much.
What a Rip Off ( The Lottery and Bid Fun)

Sponsored Links
[for the big prize, but at least some of the lottery cash goes to charities - such as the huge cash aid thrown at Manchester United,

I didn't know about that! On the face of it, that is outrageous!

Bid 'fun'!?!? What 'fun' is there in bidding on something, watching the clock tick down only to see your bid cancelled by a new bid and a new time being put to that bid... Ad infinitum? If that's fun the world is a very sad place.

Couldn't agree more Blasphemous.
The world seems to have decended into a society which wants evrything immedietly without working for it. The society promoted by the Buffoons Bliar (Yes Spelt Correctly) and Brown. The idea that you don't have to work to get everything you want, just 'sign on' and the world is yours.
BidFun.co.uk cashes in on this society and makes a fortune by doing it.

Sponsored Links
Hi Expertgasman,
It is true, Manchester United got £30,000 Lottery cash in 2006.
Have a look at :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4931486.stm

Absolutely outrageous and as a result I have never bought a Lottery ticket Since.
Yet the Lottery managers refuse genuine hard pressed charities who struggle to help many people using volunteer workers, yet they dish out cash to the second richest football club in the world.
It Stinks to Me.

OMG. I looked:

The money (£30k) has been granted to the club from Sport England. Over three years it will fund yoga lessons and lunchtime walking sessions for staff

You couldn't make it up (unless it was in the Daily Mail)

Back