Ebay tosspots

M

mdf290

So I sell things on my own website and also on Ebay.
Ebay shop and individual auctions.
The products I sell I have to make.
This means as defined in my terms 7-10 days delivery time.

So I get people who win auctions with miserable offers that barely cover my costs sometimes. But hey that does not bother me my average selling price for auctions and buy now items is where I want my overall margins to be.

. . . but then they MOAN!..

like... 'I ordered this for my mums 70th Birthday. It has been seven days I thought it would be here by now.'

Well here is a heads up to Samantha who bought something on auction for her mums 80th birthday because she didn't want to pay the £22 full price in my Ebay shop. She wanted to get it as cheap as possible for her poor mums Birthday.

Sadly on Ebay as a seller I am unable to send her this message as she has the undeserved ability to give me ****ty feedback so I have to pussy foot and crawl around the miserly miserable moaning and unpleasant hag.

Here is the message I would like to send but can't.

'Samantha
I have dispensed with Hi or Hello as you did not give me that courtesy in your message. In fact you did not even sign off your message. It was in short curt to the point of rudeness.
Now I understand you are worried that your item won't arrive in time for your mums eightieth Birthday.
That should not come as a shock since it clearly states on the items listed they are made to order. In fact there are many buyers already queing up ahead of you for orders too. If you had mentioned you needed the item for a specific date I can and do move orders forward to accommodate. Other such buyers have been helped in this way because they had the intelligence to communicate with me when they placed the order. Or indeed the sensible ones asked the questions first before ordering.
Since you did neither and indeed bought your mums 80th birthday present as an auction whereby you saved yourself £6 on the BUY NOW price I actually believe that you have no consideration for anyone but your sad miserable self. You certainly did not think about how I would feel receiving a curt message when in fact I am doing everything I have already promised to do.
Your mum must be so proud of you. Don't forget to tell your mum when you get the item that you got it cheap on Ebay because she was not worth the £22 the full price item was.
As for your last message you will be blocked in future from bidding on my items. I have given you good feedback for paying on time but I wish I could retract it as you plainly don't deserve any praise for being a whiner.
You mum WILL enjoy the present you bought her. In fact she will enjoy using it far more than any pleasure (if any) she got bringing you up as a child.
This is where I am going to let myself down because I am going to say a salutation even though you clearly don't deserve it.
Regards
Mark

Sponsored Links
Not too long ago, I won an auction item, and was well chuffed with that.
I arranged a courier to call and collect, but the guy wasn't there to give it to the van man :eek:
I tried again - this time he wasn't there as he had 'been called away' so no joy again. :eek:
The item cost was refunded via pay pal, but the whole episode was a joke.
Well slick.
John :)

Ebay went into decline in my opinion, when they joined forces with Paypal, I know this made paying for items much easier, but it removed much of the personal rapport, between seller's and buyer's, they have discouraged the use of personal cheques in favour of the Paypay system.

I have sold a few items recently, and as a seller I bend over backwards to make sure everything is done correctly, I always leave a good feedback for prompt paying buyers, I make sure everything is packed well and despatched quickly, what do I get in return? usually a begrudged feedback comment, if anything at all!

It's so dispiriting, I wonder why I bother, is common courtesy really dead?

Wotan

Sponsored Links
, what do I get in return? usually a begrudged feedback comment, if anything at all!

It's so dispiriting, I wonder why I bother, is common courtesy really dead?

Wotan

You are right. Where have manners gone. Buyers immediately send rude messages when in fact the source of their problems are themselves.

For example people who despite being told that an item will take up to 10 days to arrive because it is made to order will order four days before Xmas and then start whingeing about it being an XMAS present!!

You are right about buyers not even bothering to give feedback. Fortunately for me all the feedback I do get is fantastic and not just generic but including personal comments praising the products themselves but I should have MORE.

The problem is that Ebayers buy from individuals but expect the customer areslicking associated with buying from some huge high street retailer.
It wont be long before the first idiot I am sure contacts to demand some vouchers because their item arrived a day late!

You saw something - You bought it - it arrived

WHERE IS THE PROBLEM?

The problem is with her Mark; it’s all part of our dumbed down society.

I’ve alluded to this before and been accused of “looking down my nose on everyone else”, but people generally don’t pay attention, don’t listen and can’t write in a manner to convey an opinion lucidly.

I’m not saying I’m perfect, because I’m not! But the days of basic literacy have been replaced with ‘so long as little Johnny can get his point over’ which is just another way of saying tell you what, instead of using the Queens English I’ll try and work out what it is you’re trying to say shall I, you lazy ignorant arse.hole.

She’s obviously a nob and I wouldn’t give it, (her), free rent in your head. She will carry on as she undoubtedly has all her life; blundering through it and blaming everyone else for her own inadequacies...

Add: I use GumTree and it's free ;)

E-Bay is not a true auction system. People see something they may want, and wait until the last minute to bid and as such get what they are after at a silly price.
Surely E-Bay could vastly improve on the service by offering a true auction system where an item is listed say for 7 days and then give a time when an auction will take place . Then let the auction start from interested bidders with a time limit of say two minute after the last bid for the item to be sold. The bids could then go on for as long as bidders wanted to bid. This would be a true auction and not a system where by the bidders can wait until the last 5 seconds of a listing to win an item at a silly price.
Clearly E-Bay are not interested in REAL auctions.

Maybe a true Auction Site would be worth developing by some Internet Smart Arse.

@Hysteresis, its called sniping and I have never bid any other way, I freakin love it!!!

tumblr_lkzitlavvk1qeypkd.gif

The auto-Bid function drives me mad. As far as i'm concerned, you should have to be there (online) at the time to place a bid. Nothing more annoying than placing a bid only to find you've been out-bid before the screen has even refreshed because someone has set up an auto-bid. If someone is prepared to bid £50.00 for something then they should just bid £50 for it. Or take the time to be online whilst the auction is taking place.

Oh Brother another muppet Is it a woman thing?

Had another moaner today

She said because she used the 'buy now' button instead of the buying on auction it would arrive straight away!!

DESPITE THE FACT IT CLEARLY STATES ON THE ITEM DESCRIPTION ALL ITEMS 'MADE TO ORDER ALLOW 7-10 DAYS FOR DELIVERY'

stupid cow
:LOL:

Maybe you should edit your item with that in the title? Not the stupid cow bit I mean.

So, I don’t know what it is you make and IIRC I think there may be a limit to the title length but, for example, “Teflon Coated Chastity Belt. MADE TO ORDER ALLOW 7-10 DAYS FOR DELIVERY” :idea:

Have you got a key for those belts?

The lock number's D614.

Sponsored Links
Back