Ebay tosspots

I refuse to put the disclaimer in the title when it is fully advertised on the product description.
It is also in the banner heading for my shop.

If people want to buy things without reading the description then there is nothing I can do (or would want to do) to help them.

The annoying thing is you are at the mercy of their inability to fire neurons in the correct order in their cerebrum resulting in possible poor feedback from an imbecile.

:rolleyes:

Now visitors to my actual website when posing similar queries are simply pointed to my terms and conditions page where they find everything was fully explained to them. I don't have to worry about negative feedback and simply let them slink away feeling stupid.

That's how it should be.
The customer ISN'T always right.

I think from now on I will stop giving feedback to purchasers of my products as experience has taught me I need to keep something back in reserve.

Sponsored Links
I totally agree with you "the customer ISN'T always right"

BUT

They are ALWAYS the customer!!

:confused: :confused:

I know it p*sses you right off, but it sounds like you need to make it abundantly clear in as many places as you can about your T's and C's.

It might save you some aggro in the future.

I totally agree with you "the customer ISN'T always right"

BUT

They are ALWAYS the customer!!

:confused: :confused:

True - you always think having your own business and being 'the boss' means you will never have to take **** from anyone...

so soooo wrong.

Sponsored Links
I know it p*sses you right off, but it sounds like you need to make it abundantly clear in as many places as you can about your T's and C's.

It might save you some aggro in the future.

Its pretty much as clear as possible to be honest... :(

With the greatest of respect, getting worked up over ebay, or forums is like being angry at ants, or wasps or the weather, or traffic... etc.

This internet thing has opened up the world in an obscene way... you're open to any vitriole !

My experience of buying on ebay has been fantastic, bid, win, or bid, lose, or bid at the last minute and win, or bid and an autobid wins?! hey ho.. i pay up as soon as i can, and respect the seller's posting restrictions... simple really.

Let's have a linky mdf, I'm interested what you are talking about.

No can do I am afraid . . against forum advertising rules.. ;)
I have loaded some pics up to my profile though but no links to my products or websites.

I did get more customer gems today...

blah blah 'product the wood finish was very rough'
What did you buy?
'The Rustic xxxxx'
Erm you mean you bought the one photographed as rustic and supplied as rustic and you expected smooth planed timber????

I also got a real classic.
Yours was £24.99 I did see another one I preferred for £38.99 somewhere else.

Yeah and I bought a Focus ST for 30k but I saw a Porchse Cayman I preffered for £54k

Nice subtle clue, to your ebay activity, search and ye will find ;))

Wotan

another classic . . . .
Which I cannot divulge because

ironically if ebayers see this thread I might get bad feedback.... :LOL:

I refuse to put the disclaimer in the title when it is fully advertised on the product description.
It is also in the banner heading for my shop.

If people want to buy things without reading the description then there is nothing I can do (or would want to do) to help them.

The annoying thing is you are at the mercy of their inability to fire neurons in the correct order in their cerebrum resulting in possible poor feedback from an imbecile.

Now visitors to my actual website when posing similar queries are simply pointed to my terms and conditions page where they find everything was fully explained to them. I don't have to worry about negative feedback and simply let them slink away feeling stupid.

That's how it should be.
The customer ISN'T always right.

I think from now on I will stop giving feedback to purchasers of my products as experience has taught me I need to keep something back in reserve.

Re my thread a few days ago, you can't leave a negative feedback for a customer, sure you can leave a negative message but the feedback is still classed as a positive. Pointless IMO

Sounds a bit like job references. If an a-hole worked for you or you were their manager you cannot give a poor reference; you can only refuse to give one. Something to do with libel I think...

Just had it again. After the previous winner decided not to pay me for the item, I re-listed it. An hour ago it sold again to someone else who then contacted me and said 'Sorry, I just realised that I am not working so can you offer it to someone else'.

Time wasting *^$*+*^s

Sponsored Links
Back