eBay scammer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I sold my laser tracking gauge on eBay and it was collection only. The buyer paid straight away and sent his disabled son down to collect (he also came with his mum). He asked if I could help load it onto the van. Neither of them would get out of the van and come into the workshop (they both acted as if they didn’t understand English) to get the item. It wasn't exactly heavy so I carried it out and loaded it into the van. I showed them it working (laser beam). Off they went. This morning, I received an eBay message from the buyer saying that parts were missing, it wasn’t what was in the photograph and it cost him £40 in petrol to collect it. I replied telling him it was exactly what was in the photograph and I had CCTV of me loading it into his son’s van. I then phoned him up. He was telling me that I had his son over because he was disabled and he's going to file a claim against me with eBay. I won’t tell you my reply to him but you can have a guess.

Has anyone else had this happen to them on something that they have sold and it has been collected? I can understand this happening with items that are posted but surely they have no chance of a claim if they collected it themself or sent someone else to collect it?

Sponsored Links
I sold my laser tracking gauge on eBay and it was collection only. The buyer paid straight away and sent his disabled son down to collect (he also came with his mum). He asked if I could help load it onto the van. Neither of them would get out of the van and come into the workshop (they both acted as if they didn’t understand English) to get the item. It wasn't exactly heavy so I carried it out and loaded it into the van. I showed them it working (laser beam). Off they went. This morning, I received an eBay message from the buyer saying that parts were missing, it wasn’t what was in the photograph and it cost him £40 in petrol to collect it. I replied telling him it was exactly what was in the photograph and I had CCTV of me loading it into his son’s van. I then phoned him up. He was telling me that I had his son over because he was disabled and he's going to file a claim against me with eBay. I won’t tell you my reply to him but you can have a guess.

Has anyone else had this happen to them on something that they have sold and it has been collected? I can understand this happening with items that are posted but surely they have no chance of a claim if they collected it themself or sent someone else to collect it?
Another typical anti-foreigner rant from Mottie. :rolleyes:

Maybe should have got them to sign a receipt saying that they were satisfied and everything was as advertised.
Don't let them take the goods until they sign.

My second-born was scammed on eBay recently (to the tune of £180) but I can't do anything about it, as he gets really angry when it's mentioned and has forbade anyone from mentioning it again.

Won a bid for an item, and had it delivered to a specified collection point (post office, I believe).

Got a message saying PO had refused to take it (even though it was a specified location on the eBay selection), then courier (can't remember which one, but a recognisable name) claim they'd lost it.

So, seller has my son's money, courier acknowledged they never delivered the parcel, and seller has told second-born to do one.

If I knew who it was................but he won't give any details..........

Sponsored Links
I would say 1/3rd of transactions I've done selling stuff on eBay have been problematic. Is it possible to see the items he claims are missing on the cctv?

Were you selling as trader or private individual? How was the item described. How long between collection and complaint. How did the price compare to similar sold "laser trackers".

I don't think anything that is picked up in person by a third party (his son) is covered by the ebay money back scheme, though you may want to check for yourself on the ebay community site.

I would say 1/3rd of transactions I've done selling stuff on eBay have been problematic. Is it possible to see the items he claims are missing on the cctv?

Were you selling as trader or private individual? How was the item described. How long between collection and complaint. How did the price compare to similar sold "laser trackers".
Yes, all parts that were sold were on CCTV. Selling as a private individual. Described as a laser tracking tool. Collected yesterday at 12.30. Complaint this morning at 8.15. Sold for £160 - bloody cheap but secondhand garage equipment usually is - different make but almost identical to this one: https://www.garageequipmentonline.c...rx4C-Gi6HivFSCfZEfdyPoD6p9DhjrKRoC1ekQAvD_BwE

In the eBay message this morning he was saying things for the rear wheels were missing so I think he thought he was buying a 4 wheel laser tracking tool. 4WD versions start at around £1,500

I was talking to a mate this morning and he sent this to me:

IMG_0526.jpeg

I don’t think he'll get anywhere if he does complain. I’ve never had any problems with anything ive sold on eBay.

Where did he say they were Foreigners?

Roy
Eh? As a matter of fact, they were foreigners. I sold them to a bloke called Tariq. His son and (I assume) his wife - the sons mother came and picked them up. What have foreigners got to do with it anyway?

Never had a problem with anything I have sold, but never much on ebay. On FB I’ve had problems with people collecting, waiting in for them and not turning up.

I even had one drive all the way up here, to collect a £5, near give away item, I saw him pull up at the gate (on my camera). Obviously the car could just be any car, and I wasn't going to be dashing out to check. Next thing I knew - message from him, to say 'you didn't warn me you had a dog'. He had read a notice on the gate, saying to make sure the gate is closed, dog loose'. Wasn't even bright enough to message, to ask me to meet him at the gate.

Eh? As a matter of fact, they were foreigners. I sold them to a bloke called Tariq. His son and (I assume) his wife - the sons mother came and picked them up. What have foreigners got to do with it anyway?

It has nothing to do with it but Roy seems to think it was.

I refused to do a job today at a rented property. The fact that they where foreign tenants and a foreign landlord had nothing to do with it.

Foreigners ??

Albanians ?

Romanians ?

Probably all got new carpets in there house for Christmas :ROFLMAO:

My second-born was scammed on eBay recently (to the tune of £180) but I can't do anything about it, as he gets really angry when it's mentioned and has forbade anyone from mentioning it again.

Won a bid for an item, and had it delivered to a specified collection point (post office, I believe).

Got a message saying PO had refused to take it (even though it was a specified location on the eBay selection), then courier (can't remember which one, but a recognisable name) claim they'd lost it.

So, seller has my son's money, courier acknowledged they never delivered the parcel, and seller has told second-born to do one.

If I knew who it was................but he won't give any details..........

Probably foreigners. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back