Ebay scammer update

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just an update on the now locked Ebay scammer thread https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/ebay-scammer.621855/

Basically, someone tried to scam me by saying that the item they collected was incomplete. Ebays own rules say theres no comeback on items collected if they are claiming not as described. Obviously, its for the buyer to check on collection and if they take it, its deemed to be complete. Despite this, Ebay still allowed the claim to go through and he was tol;d to return it to me for a full refund. I contacted them, reminded them of their own rule and said I would not be accepting it back and I would not be refunding the buyer - he sent me a picture of what he had and that tallies with the photo of what he bought with nothing missing.

Ebay came back with this:

IMG_0626.png

Sponsored Links
Great outcome (y) So, have you got the item back, as well as the refund?

Mottie always comes out on top.

Well done for sticking with it.

Sponsored Links
Great outcome (y) So, have you got the item back, as well as the refund?
Not yet. I think eBay are hoping he doesn’t return it. He has until Jan 12th to get it back to me to receive his refund from eBay. I’ve already been paid for it. If he brings it back, it’ll be a Brucie Bonus for me. Might be my turn to say it’s not all been brought back. ;)

Surely this exposes Ebay, to all sorts of collusion scams.

Of course they may ask you if everything was complete and use this to dispute the claim.

If you have been paid, technically its not your laser thingermy any more, it belongs to him or ebay (if they pay a "refund").

If you have been paid, technically its not your laser thingermy any more, it belongs to him or ebay (if they pay a "refund").
That’s correct but as you can see, eBay have told me that if THEY refund him, I can keep it as well as what he paid me. That’s good enough for me. :giggle:

Happened to me a couple of times.
Ebay refunded the scammer out of their own pocket.
One scammer was caught playing the same game to several seller and one of them reported him to the police.
He was buying cameras and binoculars and sending back different ones smashed up.
The other seller contacted me after seeing my feedback (when you could leave feedback for buyers) and asked if it would be ok to give police a statement.
But then cops never contacted me, so I don't know what happened.
I always take videos of the packing process and seal the box with security tape.
I let the buyer know this and tell them not to accept the package if seal is damaged.

Sponsored Links
Back