Health tourisim to object to it means your a racist !

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Why? For simply asking a question?
No...

For not being able to comprehend my post, which even the very simplest of people should have been able to understand...

And you were allowed a vote! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
It has always contained lots of foreigners. As I am not 300 years old I don't know if there was ever a time when it was not.

Certainly throughout motmans life it has always been an immigrant area. Perhaps when the immigrants were Polish and Russian Jewish people, he didn't notice them so much. Perhaps he didn't notice the clothing factories or the fur importers. Perhaps he didn't notice the Chinese, Pakistani, Balgladeshi restaurants. Perhaps he didn't notice the synagogues or the West Indian music clubs. Perhaps he didn't notice postmen in uniform wearing a turban. Perhaps he didn't notice the Polish club. Perhaps he didn't notice that some shops and markets were closed on Saturdays and open on Sundays. Perhaps he didn't notice that when you buy a hot salt-beef sandwich they only serve coffee or tea without milk. Perhaps he didn't notice the Caribbean bus conductors. Perhaps he didn't notice that sometimes, restaurants were empty during the day, but full up after dark. Perhaps he didn't notice the Nigerian teachers or the Indian doctors. Perhaps he didn't notice the Ugandan Asians.

Perhaps motman talks a lot of rubbish.

So neither of you are UK born and bred?

Im not sure that is something we should be asking.

The UK is as much Ellals home as anybody elses.

Given the terrible treatment EU citizens are getting in this country, Ellal has more reason than most of us to be critical of Brexit

I will even allow him to moan about it sometimes :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
It has always contained lots of foreigners. As I am not 300 years old I don't know if there was ever a time when it was not.

Certainly throughout motmans life it has always been an immigrant area. Perhaps when the immigrants were Polish and Russian Jewish people, he didn't notice them so much. Perhaps he didn't notice the clothing factories or the fur importers. Perhaps he didn't notice the Chinese, Pakistani, Balgladeshi restaurants. Perhaps he didn't notice the synagogues or the West Indian music clubs. perhaps he didn't notice postmen in uniform wearing a turban. Perhaps he didn't notice the Polish club. Perhaps he didn't notice that some shops were closed on Saturdays and open on Sundays. perhaps he didn't notice that when you buy a hot salt-beed sandwich they only serve coffee or tea without milk. Perhaps he didn't notice the Caribbean bus conductors. Perhaps he didn't notice the Nigerian teachers or the Indian doctors. Perhaps he didn't notice the Ugandan Asians.

And even, perhaps, you’ll answer my question on your personal experience of Plaistow?

Certainly throughout motmans life it has always been an immigrant area. Perhaps when the immigrants were Polish and Russian Jewish people, he didn't notice them so much. Perhaps he didn't notice the clothing factories or the fur importers. Perhaps he didn't notice the Chinese, Pakistani, Balgladeshi restaurants. Perhaps he didn't notice the synagogues or the West Indian music clubs. perhaps he didn't notice postmen in uniform wearing a turban. Perhaps he didn't notice the Polish club. Perhaps he didn't notice that some shops were closed on Saturdays and open on Sundays. perhaps he didn't notice that when you buy a hot salt-beed sandwich they only serve coffee or tea without milk. Perhaps he didn't notice the Caribbean bus conductors. Perhaps he didn't notice the Nigerian teachers or the Indian doctors. Perhaps he didn't notice the Ugandan Asians.

No Romanians then? :mrgreen:

Certainly throughout motmans life it has always been an immigrant area. Perhaps when the immigrants were Polish and Russian Jewish people, he didn't notice them so much. Perhaps he didn't notice the clothing factories or the fur importers. Perhaps he didn't notice the Chinese, Pakistani, Balgladeshi restaurants. Perhaps he didn't notice the synagogues or the West Indian music clubs. Perhaps he didn't notice postmen in uniform wearing a turban. Perhaps he didn't notice the Polish club. Perhaps he didn't notice that some shops and markets were closed on Saturdays and open on Sundays. Perhaps he didn't notice that when you buy a hot salt-beef sandwich they only serve coffee or tea without milk. Perhaps he didn't notice the Caribbean bus conductors. Perhaps he didn't notice that sometimes, restaurants were empty during the day, but full up after dark. Perhaps he didn't notice the Nigerian teachers or the Indian doctors. Perhaps he didn't notice the Ugandan Asians.

Quick. Get on to Wikipedia and put them right. There's not a mention of a single immigrant here, let alone those numerous communities you refer to. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plaistow,_Newham

Come on, tell us of your Plaistow experience then.

let me see, now. Did motman ever answer these questions?

What a coincidence that you have a connection with the most racially diverse borough in the country. There are hardly any of the old Huguenot families remaining now, the Chinese immigrants who settled close to London's docklands, nor of the Polish and Russian Jews who followed them, but a few of the Irish families remain. Do you remember when Plaistow had Afro-caribbean clubs?

Can you name a year when it was not a district of incomers?

I bet your grandad could have told you about the Blackshirt marches that the locals built barricades against. Which side was he on?

No he didn't.

but he still persists in making out that Plaistow only recently became an immigrant district.

Pure nonsense.

He doesn't appear to like certain 'types' of immigrants...

Einstein he ain't...

Funny thing that...

Because Einstein was an immigrant!

Given the terrible treatment EU citizens are getting in this country, Ellal has more reason than most of us to be critical of Brexit
Please explain. What terrible treatment are EU citizens getting over here? The way I read it, ellals partner can only get health care in her own country after being there for a year. We don’t have that system do we? So, we're at fault for making it too good for those that come over here? I wonder what the percentage of health tourists they get in that country then? Zero I should imagine. What country is that then ellal or is that a racist question these days?

let me see, now. Did motman ever answer these questions?

No he didn't.

but he still persists in making out that Plaistow only recently became an immigrant district.

Pure nonsense.
Well, as you won’t tell us of your experience perhaps you can tell us where the f are you getting your information from?

Well, as you won't answer the questions, perhaps you will tell us why you think immigrants in London, and specifically Plaistow, are a new phenomenon.

I suppose you just made it up.

Please explain. What terrible treatment are EU citizens getting over here? The way I read it, ellals partner can only get health care in her own country after being there for a year. We don’t have that system do we?
OK, I'll explain further...

In the case of a 'no-deal', if an EU/EEA citizen leaves the UK for a period of two years or more then they have to reapply to qualify for not only re-entry into the UK but also to the benefits (healthcare/pension etc) that they have already accrued...

But they also then have to adhere to residential rights in their own country...

In the interim period they are in 'no man's land'...

And under a 'no-deal' that would be reciprocal, therefore barring UK citizens from anything other than emergency care in any EU/EEA country that currently has that policy, and no transferable rights such as pensions...

But if you don't understand that, look up 'third party country' healthcare/pension arrangements...

The UK chooses often not to enforce such arrangements, which is why quitters have been told a pack of lies - that sadly they have believed!

And I might add that the EU offered to extend the 2 year period to 5 years - which the UK rejected!

And my partner's country offered to keep the status quo as regards reciprocal benefits/working arrangements - which the UK also rejected!

What terrible treatment are EU citizens getting over here?

Why not go and ask some, seeing that there are so many living in your neighbourhood?

You could read this expert opinion, but no doubt you'll just call that project fear and leftie wingeing
https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2018...eing-stigmatised-and-its-likely-to-get-worse/

or, rather than expert opinion, you could read a non-British-rightwing news report: https://www.spiegel.de/internationa...ent-of-eu-citizens-in-uk-rises-a-1181845.html

My wife, who is not from Europe, has experience increased hostility since the Brexit vote. Many friends, some EU, some from other countries outside the EU, have reported the same. Look for reports online and you will find many - even a Welsh woman was told to talk English on a bus in Wales, when she was speaking Welsh!

Or, if you disbelieve all that, a good old British newspaper reports how some Brits still hate the French.

And Germans are leaving home, to return to the place of their birth.

If I had a spare month I'd share all the stories, but I dont. But if you are unsure, just use Google and you will find lots of examples of the "terrible treatment EU citizens getting over here".

The last time a European country was this hostile to foreigners we ended up having a little world war. Luckily after that war Europe came together to prevent another one happening. Phew. Lest we forget!

hat terrible treatment are EU citizens getting over here?

Well for one thing, EU citizens were left in limbo for a long time over their status and even when 'settled status' was agreed, it still doesnt offer EU citizens British citizenship.

One of my old customers, a Dutch lady, has lived in England for 20 years -when having a discussion over her rights etc, one her friends said 'well you csn alway f@#% off back to Holland.

Since then my Dutch friend has bought a farm in Normandy and has set up a business there. Her husband has been head hunted by a Dutch firm so hes moved too.

Both wealthy, clever people -exactly the type we should be welcoming not making feel uncomfortable.

Its too easy to blame 'immigrants' -but looking deeper at each person its possible to see the negative impact the toxic atmosphere is having on people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back