So we missed our target of 25k tests per day

Thanks for highlighting the relevance my nostalgia post. Charlie won't get it though. The dummy keeps babbling on about Specsavers.
Your'e the babbling imbecile mate,your replies are nothing to do with the previous posts, ie making PPE suddenly turns into making vintage cars?,and im the one babbling.(y)

Sponsored Links
+ Rolls Royce, Aston Martin etc

although hardly yer average motor

Rolls Royce are an engineering great in jet engines -we can certainly be proud of that.

And the Sunderland Nissan plant is one of the most efficient in the world -it is or at least was the most productive car plant in Europe.
Very true, Rolls Royce verses Reliant Robin, a case of from the sublime to the ridiculous.
I don't know why but every time i see a Reliant Robin i think to myself, if that car was human it would probably be eligible for some sort of disability benefit.

Blimey the reliant 3 wheeler

Some bloke down this way is a bit of a collector he has some very early models :)

Same company also made the Scimitar

Sponsored Links
Ive just seen on channel 4 news a UK manufacturer that is making disposable face shields -cost £0.55p they are making 100,000 a week and can increase that to 500,000. We didnt have to be short of PPE

The only problem with that is masks aren't currently a problem. Gowns are. But yes it may have been possible to get masks quicker but chances are the materials would have to be imported. As I think C4 mentioned - all that sort of thing has been imported to reduce costs - rather like a wide range of things. It also mentioned a 2016 plan and stocks that would be held for a pandemic. Good choice of news though but it does need a deaf ear at times. Not so often as some others though.

I suppose the car freaks spent their entire life working for the automotive industry as I did so know what happened to it and why along with many many manufacturing companies in other areas.

I suppose the car freaks spent their entire life working for the automotive industry as I did so know what happened to it and why along with many many manufacturing companies in other areas.

I dont know much about the car industry, but I imagine the Thatcher years with a big move away from manufacturing towards financial services (remember the yuppie!) led to the decline of Uk industry including cars.

personally I think education plays a big part -a lot of senior management in this country seems to be 'jobs for the boys' not professionally trained management....I havent researched this so could well be wrong

could I just politely point out, I did say face shields, not masks :)

:) Yes no problem. A slip as I meant to say face shields are not a problem - gowns are. Masks I understand are ok - if I believe them. Enough gowns for around a reporter 3 days use will be arriving from Turkey - "tomorrow". How long it will take to distribute pass. ;) Maybe they should be in smaller parcels so they could be air dropped. Turkey is bound to have some suitable military planes.

A bit of breaking news on PPE including gowns. The UK's plan for flu like epidemics can be found on the web. It includes holding PPE stock. It seems there was a pandemic meeting in 2016 and PPE stock was red lighted as being problematic. Rather than increasing stock they have been running it down rather than replenishing so bad start in this area.

I dont know much about the car industry, but I imagine the Thatcher years with a big move away from manufacturing towards financial services (remember the yuppie!) led to the decline of Uk industry including cars.

The trade unions and the likes of Red Robbo played as big a part as Thatcher, maybe bigger.

The trade unions and the likes of Red Robbo played as big a part as Thatcher, maybe bigger.

I'm sorely tempted to tell you what actually happened but it would be way off topic. Other factors are involved nothing to do with politics, just business and MrsT's lot had a big bearing on a number of aspects.

Sponsored Links
Back