Heat Line VISO 24 DHW Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have inherited the boiler with the property. Heating comes on OK with timer or manually and gives good heat. The Domestic Hot water is however a problem as when the tap is on full bore it only then starts to heat and is very cool.
My first instinct is the Flow Sensor as I have had a previous boiler with a similar issue however this boiler is considerably different to anything I have had before and there looks to be only one sensor of this type in the Viso 24.
If it was a thermistor issue I think we would have no hot anything or too hot so need urgent advice to get this working before the cold weather bites !
Suggestions please.
http://www.heatline.co.uk/boilers/assets/products/manuals/Vizo 24 and 28 manual.pdf

Sponsored Links
The mains water pressure is quite high so on full bore it will fill a bucket very quickly but with barely warm water.
Have to take care to point down plug hole or risk of soaking everything in area.
At a rate that is useable to say wash your hands I don't hear the boiler start up.

Turn heating off.

Set hot tap to give 9 litres per minute and measure temperature.

Tony

Sponsored Links
A simple test like that can identify the presence of several different faults, either singly or together.

The most obvious is wrong gas settings, a blocked secondary or a scaled primary.

Or the most likely perhaps that the owner has too high a DHW flow rate!

Tony

After checking the flow rate isn't too high as mentioned, the next most common fault I find when theres a Hot water problem on these is the HW thermistor.

It's very difficult/ impossible to get to without removing the left hand casing.

This involves exposing the combustion chamber so its an RGI job.

Most likley a sticking aquasensor p/n 0020061630; however this boiler will only provide sufficient DHW at 9.5 l/min - both need checking.

Most likley a sticking aquasensor p/n 0020061630; however this boiler will only provide sufficient DHW at 9.5 l/min - both need checking.

Are Heatline good boilers? Some on here say they are not. I have heard they are good and cheap.

The problem at hand. In this case is it worth putting in a 10 litres per minute flow regulator before the combi so the tap cannot be turned up beyond the capacity of the combi?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back