Heat miser Networked thermostats EMI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Been a while since I've been on here so hope all are well.

My Heatmiser Central heating control system communicates between devices, a central control panel and the home network via STP cabled network cables. These are advised to be screened at one end (which they are) and ideally run at a 95% or greater rate, so only a 5% data loss is acceptable or issues may/will appear.

After speaking to HM about various issues I have, I ran a stats test on the network devices and I'm showing average 55-65% success rate which indicates i have a big issue - probably EMI???

I had to run the cable near (<12") in some cases some power cables and the wiring units are 24" away form the Consumer unit with the CU cable runs coming within 18" of one wiring unit.

My question is, could I have somehow not grounded the cables correctly (drain wire connected to earth at the wiring end) or is there a way to further screen the cables from 240v fixed wiring as I imply can't re-route the cables anywhere else Seems too much of a co-incidence that all the devices (about 12) are showing similar losses so I;m guessing it's going to be a common area and nearer the wiring centres that at each device???

Please help as it's great when it works, but frustrating when the control signals randomly drop out!!!

Thanks.

Virgil

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back