Heated mirror on fan isolator?

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Hi there,

Any reason why the three-pole fan isolator switch I'll be mounting above the bathroom door couldn't supply the bathroom heated/illuminated mirror in addition to the fan. Manufacturers instructions just call for a permanent supply, but i'd rather have it isolatable and this would be the most convenient way (rather than running its own supply and its own fcu).

Cheers,

Liam

Sponsored Links
Can't remember off the top of my head. Did look at the instructions a little while back - if I recall it has 1 or 2 40W heat pads and some LEDs - something like that. It's of the order of a light bulb anyway, so that coupled with an extractor shouldn't overload the isolator (haven't yet found the exact rating of the isolator from the range I'm using, but others seem to be 6 or 10 amps which is more than enough). Was that your concern?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Assuming it's of the order you suggest, should be fine for most isolators (obviously do check the rating of the one you have though). The other thing to check though, is that there is enough spare capacity on the circuit itself...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back