Heating a conservatory - Ideas Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building a conservatory about 5M x 3M and need to heat it, I unfortunatly have microbore which you can't simply take off the nearest rad and feed a rad within the conservatory.

Just wondering what other people do to heat a conservatory, i.e. underfloor heating (or is this pricy?)

Anything else that maybe available?

Sponsored Links
under floor heating is so-so.....check screwfix or ebay for prices. id stick to electric....easier, less height gain etc.
or a climate contro unit...they sit on the wall and blow hot or cold air . might appreciate it if we have a hot summer

There are relatively low cost underfloor systems suitable for something like a conservatory. They use the CH water directly (i.e. without separately pumped and controlled sub-circuit), controlling the flow with a thermostat on the return connection. Danfoss make such a valve and you should be able to find it on their web site.

Whatever you do, you will need to access the CH pipes where the run is in 15mm or 22mm tube. A branch of the microbore loops is unlikely to be satisfactory.

Most new conservatorys have a planning condition that they cannot be added to the central heating system.

The correct way to add a radiator is to feed a new rad from the manifold.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
I'm with jpc...use a fan which can heat in the winter and cool in the summer. Kills two birds with one stone.

electric underfloor will be £££££ to run.

Get an airconditioning unit. Cool in summer and heat in winter :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back