Heating Boiler Installation Price Enquiry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi first post here, so please be kind!

I've currently got a very old non condensing Glow-worm space saver 45-60 installed in the kitchen of my semi.
I'm having a new kitchen so I thought it would make sense to have a new, smaller and more economical boiler in first.
It's a straight swap and I think I've been quoted on a 'Glow-worm ultracom 15'.

I've been quoted £1500 to supply and fit. Does this seem reasonable as I really have no idea about plumbing and heating?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsored Links
Have you considered asking other firms/one man bands in your area?

What spec did you give the bloke who has given the quote.

Do you want five year parts and labour cover with WTC or just "a Boiler"?

Tim

Thanks for the quick reply Tim.

No spec was given, just simply 'I'd like to replace this with something smaller and more economical'

As far as I know no cover is included.

My wife seems to think it's a good price but I'm not so sure. Anymore feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

i think i would find it hard to get rid of the spacesaver. i love that boiler.

Sponsored Links
At risk of repeating myself I feel this is too cheap for a proper job to be done, including updating the controls, TRVs, power flush etc etc.

If you know or have been recommended this installer then you may be lucky.

I would be quoting around £1800-£2000 + VAT for a similar job and boiler, although all my Glow Worms that I fit come complete with a 3 year manufacturers full parts and labour warranty as opposed to the standard Glow Worm 12 months labour and 24 months parts.

I think that £1500 is perfectly reasonable for a replacement including flushing as required.

But TRVs and any upgrading to the gas supply might be extra. It all depends on what you have at the moment.

I would be suggesting a Worcester or a Viessmann ( 5 year warranty on that one ) which are not much more expensive.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back