Heating boiler W240 permanently on - Water and Water+Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I came back home to fine the house warm and had to move the rocker switch to middle off position to switch it off.

The Worcester 240 boiler now fires up if I move the switch to ON for water or ON for Heating and Water. F.Y.I. the timer which is an EP4002 though logically one has to presume the timer is certainly not capable of overriding the Water only setting.

Any ideas?
It sounds simple once you know how/what

Sponsored Links
Could well be the programmer, but you will need an engineer to diagnose the actual fault impossible to diagnose a fault online you will need a visit form a good engineer! ;)

I have now also noticed that if I move the EP4002 timer programmer to 'On' everything turns on. This happens even if the rocker switch on the boiler is set to the central Off position.

I was initially thinking it was something faulty on the boiler but now I'm more confused, in that the EP4002 can even override the Off position at the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back