Heating but no hot water - help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am hoping someone can give me some advice. I have a linea vodkera boiler and this morning I had low water pressure in the shower and it wasn't heating up. I checked my hot water taps and there was nothing coming out of them. I then checked my boiler and I noticed that the flame wasn't on. I tried to reset it it, but to no avail. The heating is still working though.

Last night the pressure was right down so I "filled" the system using the tap underneath - now I know it should be between 1 bar and 1.5 but it stuck and I couldn't close it off quickly enough and it went up to 2. Do you think this could be my problem? It is dropping back down now.

I have tried turning it to water only, and I don't even hear a firing up.

Please help.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
vodkera boiler

is that a polish model :D

seriously though, doesn't sound like the pressure is your issue here. If its over 1 and not firing then something else is a miss. We need boiler model to help more though, Vokera made alot of boilers! Btw if the pressure is constantly dropping then there may be a further issue, but as i said it won't stop the hot water working unless it drops below around 0.5

EDIT: just noticed you said "no water", not "no hot water" Kevs spot on. ignore me!

Sponsored Links
Thank you

I'll check I have put the filling tap back up correctly. I should be in the closed position?

Failing that, I will post my model number later. I had to rush out the door this morning to work so can't check at the mo.

Having to take a freezing shower is not good and I am hoping its something and nothing as I can't afford to fork out for a new boiler.

My colleague at works seems to think there might be an ignition switch I can press in to light the flame? I couldn't see on on the front Panel and am wondering whether it is underneath

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back