Heating comes on with hotwater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi Combi 80E boiler, the heating seems to come on now when I use the hot water even though the heating is switched off. What can be using this I have seen on youtube it could be the motorised valve/3 port valve, is this the diverter valve on the baxi? Can it be repaired or it is something that needs to be replaced?
Thanks in advance guys :)

Sponsored Links
baxi 80E is a combi boiler so wont have a motorised valve , it is the diverter valve inside the boiler that is faulty

Thanks so i can try repair it with a kit like "Diverter Valve Repair Kit 248061 248062"?

Do I need to service the DHW Pressure differential valve diaphragm, CH Pressure differential valve diaphragm and diverter valve operating head as shown in the pdf attached?
Thank you

Attachments

• Diverter valve.pdf
    615.4 KB · Views: 140
Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Check the divertor actuator motor, it is common for water to pass throught the end seal and get into the motor, you will be able to see if this is the case , and if so drain the boiler change the front end seal and the motor

Thanks. Is there another name for this.. I can't find it in the service manual?
Thanks again

Ring Baxi and ask them. They will (hopefully) advise you of the various part numbers.

Diverter actuator motor is the diverter valve operating head... is that right?

sorry to bother you again ianmcd

Check the divertor actuator motor, it is common for water to pass through the end seal and get into the motor, you will be able to see if this is the case , and if so drain the boiler change the front end seal and the motor

if I put the hot water tap on running will I/where would I see the water passing through... I am unsure how I can tell is the water is passing through.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Great thank you and i guess if no there is no water in it, I need to get one of the Diverter Valve Repair Kits and replace all the diaphragms and seals contained in the kit?
Thanks again :)

you wont see the water passing, I have attached a pic of what you are looking for, pull the retaining clip out and see if water has got into the motor , it will be obvious if it has , make sure you turn the power off to the boiler first.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Baxi-Com...479964&hash=item41e344e2b2:g:p60AAOSw0O9bDAmZ

There is no Diverter actuator for my model.. i could not find it on my boiler... see attached. My boiler is combi 80e and not a combi instant 80e

Attachments

• 2.pdf
    474.6 KB · Views: 102
I changed both the diaphragms on the DHW & central heating differential valve but i did not change anything. The central heating still comes on when the hot water is on, i.e. the central heating differential valve opens when i turn on the hot water.
I was not able to unscrew/take off the two parts circled in red on the pics to replace the bits inside, they were screwed on very tight. Anyone have any tips how to get them off so i replace the push rods and spring inside that parts?
Also anything else i need to check to see why the heating comes on when the hot water is switched on?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• remove2.jpg
    remove2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 82

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back