Heating conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We have a modern conservatory on the back of our house which was built about 7 years ago.
Although there's a CH radiator in there and a 3kw electric radiator (which isn't on all the time costs a bomb) the room is pretty cold and does suffer with damp in the far corners of the room.

I was wondering it would be possible to install under floor heating which was supplied by the house central heating system. My in-laws did this with their kitchen and it worked really well.
I appreciate the floor may need some insulation and the floor height may increase a few cm but would welcome any pros and cons.

Room size is 4.5m x 4.5m. one wall is 80% brick, all others are 20% with the remainder glazed

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Any heating installation for a conservatory connected to the heating for the rest of your house won't comply with Building Regulations. It should be a completely seperate heat source

Sponsored Links
Any heating installation for a conservatory connected to the heating for the rest of your house won't comply with Building Regulations. It should be a completely seperate heat source
Plus it would never be successful if ran for short periods of a couple of hours,( as most radiator heating systems tend to be ) rather than 24 hours. A kitchen is a different kettle of fish to a conservatory.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back