Heating for workshop

exactly as above, your 5 x 3m isn't exceptionally big workshop a 2kw fan heater will more than suffice, and if you get one that runs on thermostat you could keep the workshop heated to say 10-15c at lowest setting. I have a similar workshop and i only use heating when I need it when I am working from it, and my 2kw heater heats it up well within half an hour on 2kw, and I lower it to 1kw just to maintain 20c , mine is a cavity wall construction with flat roof.

My workshop is detached from the main house by 60 feet and I used pvc drain pipe to carry 2.5mm T&E and 1.5mm T&E for lighting through this water tight drain pipe, I have had no problems so far despite 20 years now, and I have a separate RCD for this and it has never tripped, the pvc pipe is running between 1.5 to 2 feet underground.

Sponsored Links
I'm not keen on fan heaters in woodworking workshops. They tend to get clogged with wood dust, which might be a fire hazard, and also blowing dust around makes me cough.

Oil filled rads are IMO the safest, as they have no exposed surfaces that get hot enough to cause any harm. Even an electric convector has a red-hot element you can see if you peer inside, which might be risky if you are using white spirit and such.

2 year old thread:D

++++++++++++
a post has been removed
Mod
++++++++++++

Was in the new posts so I replied - not in the habit of checking what date the thread started soorrrrry

Sponsored Links
I started the original thread and am still open to suggesting and recommendations.

I now have an old 3kW fan heater, an 800W halogen job and have now been given a 1500W oil rad.

Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back