Workshop heat retention

Sponsored Links
Have you considered applying external insulation?

shiplap80.png

Now, I want to use this for some computers, tv's and some serious server hardware
Can you qualify/quantify "serious server hardware" ? And is the server hardware to be running all the time ?

See, if you have some servers running all the time, then I suspect the condensation will disappear as long as you don't add too much moisture and/or have sufficient ventilation.

however the building is causing condensation.
Err no, the building is not causing condensation, the way it is used is causing condensation.
To give some idea, I used to work on a farm that had what we called the "green shed" - wooden (IIRC) frame and a single layer of corrugated iron sheeting. Fairly draughty, and it was bone dry inside regardless of the weather. But, there weren't people working in it breathing out moisture, and the roof didn't leak, and it was draughty (well ventilated).

Sponsored Links
SimonH2";p="3116724 said:
Can you qualify/quantify "serious server hardware" ? And is the server hardware to be running all the time ?
Not as serious as it reads actually. A HP proliant server, a Xeon something or other (need to go read it) three desktop machines but hopefully porting all of these onto the server to create desktop and app virtualisation.

Err no, the building is not causing condensation, the way it is used is causing condensation.

Whilst I agree with that, the room sat there stagnant for nearly 2 months. It then promptly caused a computer to fizz pop and bang to death. So if the lack of use is the "way it is used" then you would be correct, however it's lack of use would make me blame the room.

Appreciate the response and please don't think I am being a dick replying, just trying to clarify my initial post bud.

Thanks.

Have you considered applying external insulation?

Sadly the outbuilding is build to the width of my boundary therefore expanding outward is impossible and I kinda need to reverse engineer this. Think I'm set on 12.5mm moisture guarded plasterboard from wickes (green sheets), dot and dabbled onto the current brick work. 9.5mm pboards for the roof.

Screeded the floor yesterday so waiting for it to set fully before moving in with the project.

Not as serious as it reads actually. A HP proliant server, a Xeon something or other (need to go read it) three desktop machines but hopefully porting all of these onto the server to create desktop and app virtualisation.
So probably in the range of 200 to 500W total. I suspect that'll be enough to keep the condensation away once you are using it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back