Heating issue (Confused) :roll:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I had a Gas/plumber (Gas safe) guy around to take a look at our boiler as it just packed in. He found what the problem was got a part and fixed it :)

A month later we started to experience a problem.

We have a boiler in the utility room, an emersion tank upstairs, a control for the heating and water in the utility and a thermostat in our hall way.

The problem is, that the heating in the house will only come on when the water on the control unit is also on. If the water side on the control unit is not on, then the heating will not come on. I have tried switching it off and that still does't work. The thermostat in the hall way seems to be clicking so that leads me to believe that it is still working.

Any ideas :?: :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
Either the programmer isn't switching on for heating.

It could also be if you have a 3 port valve in the system this could also be
at fault.

Or it isn't wired correctly.

It must be the programmer because no wiring has been touched at all and all of the lights are showing up where they should be

Sponsored Links
It must be the programmer because no wiring has been touched at all and all of the lights are showing up where they should be

Its not the programmer, its likely to be a zone or mid position valve problem (depends what system you have).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back