Heatmiser Neo Installation Challenges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased 4 Heatmiser Neo devices of which 3 are for my central heating and hot water system (the fourth for underfloor heating).
My electrician attempted to install the devices yesterday but we seem to be having some challenges with installation.
Previously there was a fixed Honeywell programmer and controller next to the boiler in the utility. This controls the programming, timers and on/off for both the hot water and heating. We then had two thermostats, one on the ground floor and the other on our landing. The system is a pressurised system with automatic valves in the airing cupboard for the two heating and one hot water circuit.

The cable to the thermostats consists of a live, neutral and (switched live?)

Observations so far.
When replacing the control box in the utility the hot water Neo HW thermostat, the device switches on but is unable to call for hot water. There is no power to the thermostats. If you return to the original Honeywell controller and then connect the Neo heating thermostats in the hall and landing, they power on but ONLY if the old controller in the utility is switched on as part of the heating timer or in constant mode. The Neo thermostat is unable to call for heating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Sponsored Links
Answer 1 - the new devices replace the existing ones. The old programmer/timer and anything else must be removed.

Answer 2 - Your 'electrician' has no clue what they are doing. Find someone else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back