Heating issues

I came across this type of problem once - It turned out to be the motorised valve needed replacement (complete). It was throttling circulation

All upstairs rads were hot, downstairs were luke warm or no real heat at all. Sealed System with microbore to the Rads.

Sponsored Links
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:22 pm
I came across this type of problem once - It turned out to be the motorised valve needed replacement (complete). It was throttling circulation

All upstairs rads were hot, downstairs were luke warm or no real heat at all. Sealed System with microbore to the Rads.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/heating-issues.391650/page-2#ixzz2ruq6GUYt

Thanks for that, but why we're the rads getting hot after balancing.. Then go cold,,

D hailsham

Thats what I have done, a little at a time and to to get all rads to be near the same heat i have ended up with what I have , but they still go cold after

Sponsored Links
The pic shows a gate valve to the right of the pump. It appears to be on a bypass.

As you have a mid-position valve, so there will always be at least one port open, it's debatable if a bypass is necessary. Try closing the gate valve and seeing what effect it has.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back