Heating only getting to 42deg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, I have a vaillant turbo max plus 828e boiler and my heating is only loop warm. It gets to 42deg c on the led screen and then cuts off. The hot water works fine. Anyone know what the issue could be? Thanks

Sponsored Links
There is no code when it stops. Just gets to 42 and then cuts off. The ok light still flashes to. It's like it sees that temp then stops. Could it be a PCB issue. Or is there a setting that could be causing it to stop at this temp as the stat on the boiler is turned right up?

Sponsored Links
If got the room stat at its maximum. And I've tried a few other setting on it but no luck

I have just took the front of the room stat and it is not connected. It is an old stat so looks like it isn't used any more

I wonder if you have got thermostatic radiator valves.

How hot do the in and the out pipes on the radiators feel?

Are you in England, and why are you running the heating in August?

I do have radiator valves and the pipes feel loop warm in and out. The valves are all fully open. It is an issue with the boiler just not sure what.
I'm thinking the PCB maybe?
I don't want it on now but I want it fixed for the winter.

Should be serviced every year.

I said status code. You need to press the I button. You then get an "s" code. What does it say when the boiler shuts down.

Why do you think it is the PCB?

What is the radiator dial set to? When it it turned does the display change?

Ahh I'll have a look. And no the display dose not change when the dile is turned. I'm not sure if the potentiometer on the board is doing anything.

Then depending on S code, I would say that some ham fisted numpty has snapped the spindle on the dial.

Yet another example of fantastic Vaillant build quality.

Then depending on S code, I would say that some ham fisted numpty has snapped the spindle on the dial.

Yet another example of fantastic Vaillant build quality.
+1

Bet thats it. Pull the knob off and sometimes you can use a thin electrical screwdriver to turn it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back