Heating problem , please help

Sponsored Links
The boiler is probably full of soot and the flames are poisoning you with CO and burning the wiring.
Has it been serviced? Very important on this type of appliance.
Get someone in is my advice.

The boiler is probably full of soot and the flames are poisoning you with CO and burning the wiring.
Has it been serviced? Very important on this type of appliance.
Get someone in is my advice.
Has been serviced about 8 months ago by her grandson who is a gas fitter but he lives 200 miles away , we also have carbon monoxide detectors fitted so anything like that and it would sound , thanks for your advice tho

Well, if her grandson is a gas fitter and he is familiar with the installation and the property, wouldn't a phone call to him help you better than approaching this forum? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Well, if her grandson is a gas fitter and he is familiar with the installation and the property, wouldn't a phone call to him help you better than approaching this forum? :confused:

hes in thailand backpacking for 3 months and i have tried to get hold of him but unable, If you can't help then just say instead of just asking questions as in your trying to make a point of it , this is a forum to ask questions , stop asking the obvious

Hey... To help, I need to ask questions... The last being perfectly acceptable, I believe! Ok, so he's in Thailand! Fair enough, question answered! If you had been through some of the ridiculous requests for help on here, that we have... You'd understand!

With regards your problem, there are so many variables at play, that could be responsible for the fault! Knowing more about the installation would prevent you getting a false diagnosis and being confounded by numerous things to check!
I completely understand your dilemma and the urgency and the logistics that make things difficult.

You need to look up on the internet about different domestic heating systems to help you identify which one your mother has. Then we can help you better, with things to check.

First thing to do is to find out how your system is 'switched' between ch and HW - there will be a valve(s) that sends heating around the rads and not just to the HW. If you can identify what you have, then we can serve you better!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Any of these familiar?
Diagram similar to your system?

No, just find if there is a motorised valve on the pipework to the cylinder.

but then the problem is she has no broadband and i can't reply on here until i get miles out of the area she lives, she lives in a remote part of wales and people can hardly find it for anything and thats why its so difficult to get a plumber

you could ring a plumber and meet him somewhere he knows and let him follow you to job , not being rude or offensive but i don't think you have technical ability to sort the problem if you find it . could save a lot of hassle for you

you might need to use a multimeter to test and plumbing skills if you those skills then you should have no problem.
"echo" might have some idea when he comes on ?????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back