Heating pump running most of the time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have recently moved in to a rented house for the first time and its great apart from one thing, the heating pump runs most of the time.
I was told it was probably a faulty 3 port valve head so just replaced that and as soon as the power was back on the pump started running again. The heating/hw goes off at 9am but the pump is still running when I get home at 6pm, then other days its not.

The landlord has said as long as there is hot water and heating they will not look in to it for a while as they have other places to fix first. The problem is the pump is in the bedroom so some nights its running all night then others its not.

Could anyone shed some light on what might be causing the pump to running intermittently for long periods of time?

There is a room thermostat, and the boiler is a Baxi WM 40/4. The tank stat looks pretty old tbh and has no noticeable click when you turn the dial on it.

Many thanks
Nick

Sponsored Links
Tell your landlord you have other things to spend your money on, other than paying (rent) for the use of a heating system that doesn't work. In the meantime, shut the whole power off to the boiler 30 mins after it is no longer required to fire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back