Heating shuts down after 20 seconds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20160530_204219.jpg 20160530_205501.jpg Hello. Firstly this is a fantastic forum, I am hoping I can get some assistance from the Gas men.

Im working on a Saunier Duval F30 combi. Boiler is having problems with heating. When the customer turns on heating:

- boiler temp shoots up to 72 degrees then shuts off.

- The CH flow pipe from boiler does not get hot.

- the water in the boiler sounds like its boiling around the pump area

- The hot water seems ok

- i thought it may be the diverter valve so removed the motorised head, removed the diverter valve and pin seemed to move ok, but i sprayed it with WD40 anyway.

- now i disconnected the motorised head and turned on hot water, the pun inside the motor moved a bit but not much. I turned it upside down and a bit of water came out. Disconnected it, took it apart and the motorhead was full of water. Ive attached pics of how bad it looks

Im not prepared to out this back on as it appears unsafe. Could this be the reason why the CH is not working?

In regards to the diverter valve, does it default to the hot water position if its faulty?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hey gasman1980 , it would be great to continue this discussion in the combustion chamber (closed forum) , looking forward to hearing from you..:censored:

Found the chamber, filled out my details, do u know how long it takes to get access?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back