heating system book recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys can anyone recommend a decent book on heating systems as i want to learn about heating systems especially old ones and converting to new i know the old beasts can be a bit tricky so i want to learn
hope somone can help
ta
gasgirl :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
jtl level3 good for pic`s
trelour good for text
john reginald has some good fault finding tip`s

If I was to recommend a book list to get going.

Treloar. Plumbing encyclopedia
Treloar. Plumbing. Heating and Gas technology
Blower. Mechanical services Books 1 and 2
Domestic Heating design guide. Publishers unknown!
Heinemann Plumbing Books 1 and 2 are well illustrated and have quite good explanations on wiring of s and y plans.

Other than that I have picked up a couple of old text books (Hall- heating technology and Townsend Plumbing)specifically for the slightly more indepth coverage of older systems and craft. Second hand bookstores and College bargain buckets- were going to be binned at the end of the term!

All depends on your background and previous knowledge really. All the best.

thanks all, some very helpfull posts
i know the basics and im not too bad with new systems but the old ones are my weakness and converting from old to new i have struggled with but usually get there in end but would just like a better understanding and hopefully gain more confidence
ill checkout the suggested books
thanks guys :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back