Heating Thermostat

Ref

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can any body help. I damaged my room thromostat moving furniture so I replace it with a Wickes standard thermo the thermo has 4 connections same as my old one but I cant remeber the wiring order so I guessed but I must have wired it wrongly the heating and water runs ok when the thermostat is at 10 but when I increase to over 15 and the thermo clicks everything goes off! my system is an old gloworm ultimate with two mid system mechanical valves the current wires to the thermostat are brown, blue, and earth.

Cheers All

Sponsored Links
Dont be so sure that you have an earth , most room stats did not need earthing so the earth wire was used as a switch wire, a simple test with a multi-meter will confirm if it is indeed an earth

• Thanks
Reactions: Ref
How?

Earth wires must NEVER be used for anything other than earth. If it is used as a switch wire, you need to get an electrician to rectify this for you.

Chances are though, you've just gonnected the switched live to the normally closed termial instead of the normally open terminal.

Can you post a photo of the wiring at your room stat?

• Thanks
Reactions: Ref

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back