worcester 18ri greenstar - problem with re-starting heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fairly new condensing boiler (with hot water tank). Went on holiday. Left boiler 'on' for C/H and off for hot water. Hallway thermostat at 14c. On my return, house seemed cold. Heating had not clicked in. Checked programer. (hall thermo was clicking ok) . As last resort I slightly moved the thermostat on the boiler by 2mm clockwise & it came on. Problem solved I thought, as I presumed it had overidden the hall thermo. Later on I came back & again the heating had not clicked in. Upped the hallway thermo - clicked, but no response. Then upped the boiler thermo again to nearly max (even though the recomended max is about two thirds round) - no response. As last resort, turned on the water to 'on' and not only did the water start heating but the radiators started getting warm as well !! Last couple of days no problem, but this intermittent fault is of concern to me if I am away again. Any ideas ??

Sponsored Links
Has worked OK for a day; ---- now, sometime overnight with the hallway thermostat at 20c, and C/H at 'on' and H/W 'timed', the heating has decided not to click back on at some point. Very frustrating !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back